Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

'99 tahoe. Engine starts but won't run. Help!!

Search this Thread

Old September 3rd, 2007, 8:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 tahoe. Engine starts but won't run. Help!!

I recently bought a 1999 Tahoe from the Auction. The car was stolen as evidence by the forced entry through the drivers door and messed up steering and starting system.
I disconnected the two seperate alarm/security systems in the truck (I ampositve that one of the security wasn't factory), I replaced the steering column (column came with ignition switch and key), finally, I replaced the starter (the starter keptengaging as soon as you connect the battery with the key in your hand)
Now, the truck starts but willnot run. The fuel pump comes on when you turn the key on. The security light comes on but goes off. Hoewever, I am not sure whether the injectorsreleases the gas to the cylinder.I suspected this because when I pourgasoline ino the cylinder through the intake, the engine runs until the gas is used up. The dealer ran the VIN and told me that the truck do not have a programable key. They charged me $27.55 to cut the key.
Could I have messed up the factory security system? I need help. Someone please tell me what to do before I loose my mind.
Thanks for all your help.
icandoit.