Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Looking for new 2010 Tahoe headliner.

Search this Thread

Old September 24th, 2017, 12:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for new 2010 Tahoe headliner.

Hey guys, I'm posting this on behalf of my father in law. He owns a 2010 Chevy Tahoe Ltz. We currently live in Europe and have no way of finding these cars at the pick and pull and the used parts market is practically non exciting.
I need to find a new headliner, ac ducts and the rear entertainment system.
​​​The one that is currently in it was cut up by the dealer/importers. Why? Well in Norway they have insane taxes on cars with large gas engines. (large is anything north of 2.5L) a new Tahoe would cost 200-300 000 USD depending on trim. To get around this they remove the rear seats, put a wall behind the front seats and put a small seat where the centre console is supposed to be. This makes the car super noisy, you can't adjust the seats for anyone taller than 5ft6. They also CUT the headliner and put in a straight one so that they can fit what they call an EU-box. Doing this allows them to register it as a van and not a passenger car, dropping the price down to 100 000usd (still insane!)
My father in law wants to get it registered with 7 seats and wants the original headliner and all the accessories that goes with it. So far have not been able to find anything online.
Does any of you know where I might be able to find it? If anyone knows of someone with one for sale that would be great.

​​​​
Old September 24th, 2017, 5:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

what would it cost to ship a headliner to you from North America....mabe ebay or a autowrecker would pull it and ship it.

you can log onto Row52 | 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 at PICK-n-PULL Springfield 1GTEC14W2YZ219955 and see if a parts puller would send you one. dealing with a autowrecker vs a parts puller may be the better way to go.