Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

99 tahoe reset passlock to restart fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2006, 6:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 tahoe reset passlock to restart fuel pump

if you put wrong key in ignition, it kills fuel system, but how do you reset it?i undid battery,re hooked it up, it didn't help.
i checked fuses, all good

any help is appreciated.
Old April 22nd, 2006, 4:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 99 tahoe reset passlock to restart fuel pump

I have the same problem. Disconnecting the battery used to reset the codes, but not anymore. I don't know why it does this and wish there was some solution for Tahoe owners to reliably start their own cars! Does Chevy have any suggestions?
Old April 22nd, 2006, 6:44 PM
CF Senior Member

if u go to the help and suggestion center on the forum main page and read the 2nd post i think every thing raycorri@att.net has posted there should aply to your truck as well.
Old April 23rd, 2006, 1:49 AM
CF Active Member

yo try this, when you go to start the truck, the security light will flash and the pump will shut off. leave the key on and if the light keeps flashing just let it sit for about 10 mins till the light stops, this should relearn you ignition. the reason ur heaving this problem is because the magnet inside the ignition pass lock module is junk causing it to send the incorrect info to the pcm
Old September 24th, 2017, 11:03 PM
CF Beginner

Default 1998 tahoe ignition fuel shut off issues.

Ok my 98 tahoe was recently stolen (f#%kin scumbags) anyways i got it back better than expected, worse than i wanted. The ignition is trashed like im hoping i wont have to but im reading about the fuel shut off security system. And since the ignitiin is basiclly ripped out. Am i going to have to replace the whole steering column?? And if this system works how the hell did they get it started when i cant. It looks like they used a screwdriver to start it. After they mangled it... Please help i cant really afford to replace everything.