Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

ABS traction system reduced motor capacity

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2017, 6:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS traction system reduced motor capacity

I have just recently purchased a 2009 chevy suburban. Used to drive a 2003, old company truck. I have litterally had my truck for three months and it hasn't stopped going into the garage constantly. Monday I had the ABS and tire pressure icon come on. Checked my tires all were at the right weight. It said to service the system. Turned the truck off, waited and turned it back on the light was off. This morning while on the highway the traction service system came up, and reduced my motor capacity to 40km/h. Scared the ;!*÷_! Out of me! I had to take out my code reader and erase the code to get the truck to go again. I also have a check engine light due to the ventilation system that keeps coming up. I keep going back to Chevrolet in my area and they can't find the problem. I am more than frustrated I have spent quite a bit of money to have the truck fixed and I have only had it for 3 months. Can someone please tell me what in the hell is causing it to go **** up?? I'm a single mom to 6 kids and I am an awesome driver (my driving record can attest to this) I am seriously sick and tired of it being in the garage, I don't have the cash to keep getting it fixed non-stop and I need this vehicle to get around as I live out in the booneys. Can someone please help me figure this out before I lose it and just return it?? Thank you!
Old February 17th, 2017, 8:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

what codes are setting?
Old February 17th, 2017, 1:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't take the time to check and write it down as I was on the highway but if it pops up again I'll post it here. I called Chevrolet this morning and the garage doesn't know what's causing it, they want me to leave it there while they figure it out. Not an option right now.