AC blows Hot Air when you slow down - TAHOE LTZ 2012 - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

AC blows Hot Air when you slow down - TAHOE LTZ 2012

CF Beginner

KSA

May 27th, 2012, 9:34 AM   #1  
AC blows Hot Air when you slow down - TAHOE LTZ 2012

Hi,

i have a problem with the AC for my THAOE 2012. the AC was performing very well last month. now, when i slow down the AC is cutting off and is giving hot air with the famous AC smell!!

i went to the dealler here in KSA, they checked the AC system and found it healthy.

when they do road test, they observe this issue. however, when check it at shop using thier own computers, it will shows that he performance of comperssor is OK??

do they need to check other thing?? may be they are only looking to the comperssor and leaving everything else like electrical and sensors.

what do yu think??

thanks.

CF Senior Member

May 27th, 2012, 1:56 PM   #2  
how does the alternator look when you are slowing down. is it charging?

CF Beginner

KSA

May 28th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #3  
Posted By: blueinterceptor how does the alternator look when you are slowing down. is it charging?
thanks for your reply.

yes it is chraging, no problem with it.

thx.

CF Senior Member

Hicksville Ks

May 28th, 2012, 9:43 AM   #4  
well I can kinda see why they are looking there, you slow down, compressor rpm slows, and it's not working as hard. thats not to say that what your getting is the way it's supposed to be, but something that new they should swap it out.

:chug:

CF Beginner

May 28th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #5  
This probably isn't your problem, but I was looking at Hybrids and the one thing that kept me away from the ones I was looking at was the fact that when your driving on battery, the air conditioner shut off with the motor (usually at low speeds), then when you speed up, the engine kicks in as does the AC. Like I said, probably not your issue since a lot of the hybrids went to electric AC, but I'm just saying.

CF Veteran

nebraska

May 28th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #6  
what all did they check? I wouldn't imagine you have a leak already but thats a surefire symptom of a low refrigerant charge.

Administrator

Austin, Texas

May 29th, 2012, 7:51 AM   #7  
Posted By: Chickensandwich This probably isn't your problem, but I was looking at Hybrids and the one thing that kept me away from the ones I was looking at was the fact that when your driving on battery, the air conditioner shut off with the motor (usually at low speeds), then when you speed up, the engine kicks in as does the AC. Like I said, probably not your issue since a lot of the hybrids went to electric AC, but I'm just saying.
S_A_M_I_N Welcome to the forum

This is a good question/answer...is your vehicle a Hybrid?

Administrator

KC, MO area

May 29th, 2012, 5:33 PM   #8  
Not sure the hybrid comes in LTZ trim per se. According to the sales brochure, it comes w/ LT trim plus 6.0L and Nav w/ rear camera.

That being said, I can't think of a reason why the problem is occurring.

CF Beginner

KSA

May 30th, 2012, 1:57 AM   #9  
Posted By: in2pro S_A_M_I_N Welcome to the forum

This is a good question/answer...is your vehicle a Hybrid?
no it is not Hybrid.

thx.

CF Beginner

KSA

May 30th, 2012, 1:59 AM   #10  
Posted By: cleveland63b what all did they check? I wouldn't imagine you have a leak already but thats a surefire symptom of a low refrigerant charge.
as per their report, they check all components of AC system. It is OK.

however the problem is still there!!

i'm not sure if there is an issue with vehicle electricity or specific sensors or something like that??!!

what do you think?

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors