Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:06 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Accidentally put a dvd in nav disc slot.. HELP

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2009, 1:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accidentally put a dvd in nav disc slot.. HELP

Just bought a 2007 Tahoe LTZ with factory nav and dvd... they guy we bought it from didnt know how it worked.. while we were shopping for the tahoe and salesman at a dealership told us the dvd and the nav disc are run out of the same slot.. so you cannot use the nav and dvd at the same time.. sounded odd.. anyways.. we tried out the dvd system by REMOVING the nav disc and INSERTING a DVD movie into the slot.. now the DVD disc will not eject.. the only option that is lit up on the screen is close.. the eject button is there but will not light up.. PLEASE tell me its an easy fix and I'm not the only idiot whos done this..

Thanks
Old March 8th, 2009, 3:34 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Close the display and shut the truck off. Re-start it and touch the pic of the US. WHen you get the message to change the disc, you should be able to eject it then.
Old March 8th, 2009, 6:20 PM
CF Junior Member

Default 2007 Tahoe Navigation/DVD/RSE operation questions?

Originally Posted by oswaldjb
Just bought a 2007 Tahoe LTZ with factory nav and dvd... they guy we bought it from didnt know how it worked.. while we were shopping for the tahoe and salesman at a dealership told us the dvd and the nav disc are run out of the same slot.. so you cannot use the nav and dvd at the same time.. sounded odd.. anyways.. we tried out the dvd system by REMOVING the nav disc and INSERTING a DVD movie into the slot.. now the DVD disc will not eject.. the only option that is lit up on the screen is close.. the eject button is there but will not light up.. PLEASE tell me its an easy fix and I'm not the only idiot whos done this..

Thanks
Hey Oswaldjb,

I used bought a NAV/DVD head unit and I was told that there is a slot behind the LCD that is dedicated to the NAV disc. Not sure which unit you have of course, but mine is a 15940102.

Do you happen to know if you can view video on your NAV display that is connected to the rear A/V inputs?

Thanks.
Old March 9th, 2009, 12:38 AM
CF Beginner

Default watching dvd on nav screen

Yeah.. you can, I think I have the same unit you are talking about.. there are several threads that tell you how to program your unit to play on the nav screen while you are driving.. if not it will only play on the nav screen when you are in park..
Old March 9th, 2009, 12:41 AM
CF Beginner

Default no pic of US

Originally Posted by BMoTahoe
Close the display and shut the truck off. Re-start it and touch the pic of the US. WHen you get the message to change the disc, you should be able to eject it then.
appreciate the help.. but no pic of the US comes up... its weird because the nav disc is a dvd and i put a dvd movie in that slot.. have no idea why it wont EJECT... ridiculous!
Old March 9th, 2009, 2:14 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

The manual tells you how to eject the DVD. I vaguely remember a menu pick for database and when you press it, the screen rotates and ejects the DVD.
Old April 16th, 2013, 2:54 PM
CF Beginner

oswaldjb, were you able to get the DVD out of the NAV slot? I have the same problem. I ordered a map update for my 2007 Chevy Tahoe and when I put the disc in it didn't read. Now it won't eject. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old April 16th, 2013, 9:09 PM
CF Senior Member

well i have the nav so i can help.

Press the physical "Menu" button on right side and then select "Nav" tab on touch screen. Click "Database" on touch screen and you will have option to change the Nav disc. There should be "Eject" in this menu. If not, you might be in some trouble....
Old April 16th, 2013, 9:17 PM
CF Senior Member

oh. and i would go to another dealer ship because the sales guy has NO IDEA what the hell he is talking about. The DVD/CD slot is above the screen. The NAV DVD slot is behind the screen for a reason....

To watch movies while driving just buy an override. They work great, mine did up until now... Some how it got partially fried when i reconnected the battery trying to help with the Throttle Body relearning cycle. Now I have to manually turn on my back up cam....