Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Tahoe & Suburban
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2008, 12:42 AM
CF Beginner

Default Auto Foglights??

Is there any way to get my foglights to come on with the auto headlights? My Camaro's foglights come on with the headlights and I want the Tahoe to do the same.
Thanks.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:12 AM

Default RE: Auto Foglights??

I've too been wondering the same. But i have a feeling that they won't unless you change some of the wiring.... I'm not sure but that would be my guess because i haven't figured out any other way.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:59 PM

You guys have fog everyday where you live or something?
Old 01-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Administrator

You forgot how cool it looks.

Remember how you hurt yourself checking them out at speed?
2010 Sheer Silver Tahoe LTZ (all options but sunroof, power boards), GM (body color flaps, rear console, 3rd row mat, 2-Way Remote, chrome gas door, Esky rack), Eagle Eye LED tails, SLP dual tip exhaust, Silver bow-ties/rear wiper, Catch-All mats, AlphaTherm washer fluid heater, Putco chrome mirror covers, silver calipers, board chrome trim, tint, GMPP Major Guard

2007 Black Tahoe LTZ (Sold),
(GM flaps-$15, Lund Step Tubes-$80-For Sale)
Old 01-02-2008, 11:38 PM
CF Beginner

I guess it's foggy wherever a Camaro is in the country [8D]
Seriously I would like for them to come on with the headlights....Anyone know how?

Quote:
ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

You guys have fog everyday where you live or something?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:00 AM

Yep, I know how.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:48 AM
CF Active Member

At the risk of really letting people know I don't read manuals... How do you even turn on your fog lamps say on either my 2000 or 2007 Tahoe?

I just found my 2000 Tahoe was missing it's driver side fog light for some reason or other. Just the light bulb was hanging there. Dealer wanted $96 so I Ebayed that for $19. Now I'd like to test it... []
Old 01-03-2008, 01:01 PM

ZX has bashed me in the past for this, but if you cut the power wire on the fog lights and splice them into either the DRL, or low beams, they will come on when they come on...I have done this on all my vehicles and no bad results so far.....have doe it to my SS as well, so they come on with my DRLs, some people wire them to the high beams so they stay on with those.....either way it takes cutting and splicing, if your not comfortable dont do it.

1990 YJ Lifted Locked and always muddy, posi loc, 33s TSLs, weber carb. drop tailgate...
Old 01-03-2008, 07:46 PM
CF Beginner

Quote:
ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

Yep, I know how.
[sm=WTFsgign.gif] Thanks for the help. That's a great way to treat newcomers to the site. A simple non reponce to the question would have been sufficient.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:34 PM
CF Senior Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: MalibuMaxxSS

ZX has bashed me in the past for this, but if you cut the power wire on the fog lights and splice them into either the DRL, or low beams, they will come on when they come on...I have done this on all my vehicles and no bad results so far.....have doe it to my SS as well, so they come on with my DRLs, some people wire them to the high beams so they stay on with those.....either way it takes cutting and splicing, if your not comfortable dont do it.
That's a bit dangerous -- you could overload the circuit and before the fuse/breaker has the opportunity to blow/trip, the wires could potentially overheat, melt the insulation, and set a small fire in the engine compartment. Been there, done that.

The proper way to 'hack' the electrical system for this is to use a simple $8 relay and an a few inline fuses. This process will save you the potential for a vehicle fire and the potential for your insurance company to deny the claim based on improper customization.

All you need to do is connect the actuating leg of the relay to the headlight/drl/highbeam wire (with a fuse in the middle), connect the supply leg of the relay to the battery (or + stud in the fuse block under the hood) with a fuse in the middle, and lastly connect the foglights to the output leg of the relay (with a fuse between each leg of the lights and the relay). The relay should have it's own ground but if not, just ground it to a good solid grounding point.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:34 PM

Tags
2000, 2007, 2008, beams, chevy, connect, connecting, fog, headlights, high, hook, kc, lights, make, stay, tahoe, turn, wont