Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Why does my 2500 sit so low?

Old November 18th, 2018, 8:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does my 2500 sit so low?

Hello, I am noticing that my 2500 sits low compared to most I see online.

Were there supposed to be stock lift blocks under the rear leaf springs? Was this an option? I ask because I am looking for rear lift blocks. Leaning towards 2", but I wanted to make sure that there were or weren't factory blocks. If so, I would want to replace them with the stock size.

Also, What percent window tint are on these windows? Looks darker than the 35% on my other car, but lighting can play tricks. I would like to address the front windows. with a close match. Thanks (And Yes, center caps are going on)

Last edited by ChevyB; November 18th, 2018 at 8:33 PM.
Old November 20th, 2018, 9:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured out the front.... The torsion bar bolts were backed all the way out. The bolts looked a bit funky sticking down so low. I cranked them up.

Front end sat at 33.5", now it's a tad under 35". I didn't want to mess with them too much, tires are more in alignment than prior. I figured since they were backed all the way out, I could afford a few turns. Sits to my liking now.

The truck is levelled right now. Rear is 36" ride height. I'm thinking it's missing some lift blocks, but it does look so much better. Crazy what only 1" of lift will do.

Last edited by ChevyB; November 20th, 2018 at 9:10 PM.

Search this Thread