Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Bluetooth Add-on

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2007, 10:37 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bluetooth Add-on

Hi there... I tried searching, but I keep getting an error (I don't think it's the site - been having similar problems all day)...

Anyway.

I am looking for an integrated Bluetooth interface that ties into the Radio similar to how Onstar does. I checked JPCustoms and came up with not much.

For now, I have the 6-CD non-Nav Bose radio. In the next 6 months or so I do plan on upgrading to a GM Nav unit, so I'd like this BT device to be compatible with that if possible.

Old January 14th, 2007, 12:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bluetooth Add-on

not sure if theres something out there like that but if so, i'd be interested in it as well.
Old January 14th, 2007, 4:17 AM
CF Senior Member

https://chevroletforum.com/fb.asp?m=18367
Old January 14th, 2007, 12:43 PM
CF Senior Member

OK... here it is...

http://www.coastaletech.com/ONSTAR.htm

This is the interface to the radio. You still need an add-on BT car kit which costs another $100 or so.

Has anyone used the Onstar Lockpick with a BT car kit??
Old January 15th, 2007, 12:57 PM
CF Junior Member

This is one option I'd love to install. I need to send them an email to determine what blue tooth device I can use.

If anyone has any experience, please PM and let me know what you used.
Old January 15th, 2007, 1:16 PM
CF Senior Member

I just spoke with CoastalTech... The implementation uses the microphone from teh BT adaptor (ie Motorola HF850) and not the OnStar integrated Mic. That means more wires to be run and the potential for crappy sound as compared to the mic with Onstar.

Another company sells a HF interface to Onstar (wiring) - installer.com and the part number is GMCSS-3 for $149. It connects to a Parrot CK3100 ($149) and uses the Parrot's mic as well.

From the reviews I've been seeing, the Parrot is a better sound than the Motorolas...

I just want to do this once - I don't want to buy it and soon find out that the audio quality is crappy.

If anyone has either the Motorola BT or Parrot BT car kits, please post some reviews!!!
Old January 15th, 2007, 1:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jlenkows

I just spoke with CoastalTech... The implementation uses the microphone from teh BT adaptor (ie Motorola HF850) and not the OnStar integrated Mic. That means more wires to be run and the potential for crappy sound as compared to the mic with Onstar.

Another company sells a HF interface to Onstar (wiring) - installer.com and the part number is GMCSS-3 for $149. It connects to a Parrot CK3100 ($149) and uses the Parrot's mic as well.

From the reviews I've been seeing, the Parrot is a better sound than the Motorolas...

I just want to do this once - I don't want to buy it and soon find out that the audio quality is crappy.

If anyone has either the Motorola BT or Parrot BT car kits, please post some reviews!!!
Since you dont have the GM nav unit yet, have you considered buying a TOM TOM or one of those other portable NAV units with bluetooth built in? I dont have any experience with a portable Nav with Bluetooth, so maybe they don't work that well. If they do work well it would be much cheaper and easier to install. I wonder if anyboby here has any feedback on the portable Nav units with bluetooth?
Old November 19th, 2007, 5:38 PM
CF Active Member

Has anyone gotten anywhere successfully with adding a Bluetooth kit to a 2007+ Tahoe??? I would also like to add this feature to my Tahoe. Any recommendations or advice on what components to get...lockpick, type of BT kit, etc.???
Old November 19th, 2007, 6:24 PM
CF Junior Member

I used the coastal Tech Super lock pick on the OEMnav radio with a Parrot CK3200 LS color kit.It si fantastik, no one believes I am on a bluetooth kit . Phone rings and I answer it , the radio auto mutes and the onstar icon comes on the radio, hang up and your music turns back on . with the lock pick it was easy to install the parrot, because it gves you the audio wires, mute, ground.I did not use coastal's ignition wire as it was intermittnet and did not work well.As far as the Parrot mic, it was easy to run , I opened the overhead console screw a bit , stuck the mic and wire through then under the little bit of headliner to against the windshield , under the geadliner, down the sidepost (WATCH the AIRBAGS !!)to behind the glove compartment where I installed the parrot bluetooth box.Works FANTASTIC !!
Old December 5th, 2007, 1:34 AM
CF Beginner

After a lot of research, I just purchased the Parrot CK3100 LCD Bluetooth Car Kit for my 2007 Silverado 2500HD (new body style). Now I am looking for the right wiring harness adapter. I have seen a few of them out there, but I am leaning towards the Onstar Lockpick from http://www.coastaletech.com/ONSTAR.htm.

After watching the video from their website, the installation looks very simple. I am curious about the connection from the Lockpick to the Parrot. Does the Lockpick come with the proper connectors that mate with the Parrot? Or do I have to splice the wires manually? If so, are there many wires to splice? Thanks for you input.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Add-on