Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Bluetooth Add-on

Search this Thread

Old December 5th, 2007, 10:16 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bluetooth Add-on

FYI,

I have Verizon for my cell phone and I added a line to use my Tahoe as the other line. No modifications and it works great.

http://solutions.vzwshop.com/OnStar/?page=faq
Old December 7th, 2007, 4:33 PM
CF Beginner

What exactly does the lock pick give you over just a Parrot kit alone? It sounds like you can get your bluetooth phone working without lockpick...so I guess I'm wondering what I'm getting out of the 129 dollars for the lock pick kit.
Old December 14th, 2008, 6:40 PM
CF Beginner

Rescue...I am wondering if you can recall any of the details on your Parrot to Lockpick installation by chance.
Did you use a special wiring harness on the Parrot, or did the one you bought have the appropriate pinouts you needed to interface to the Lockpick? My Parrot (CK3000 EVO) doesnt seem to have quite what I am looking for to tie into my Lockpick GMX320.
Thanks in advance for any hints.
Earl
Old December 15th, 2008, 4:47 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you considered the Scosch Blue Fusion? I'm thinking about adding it to my 07 Silverado LTZ with nav, etc. It integrates with the XM and displays on the factory screen (with or without nav).
All you have to do is plug into the XM box behind the glove box and run a mic to the rearview mirror or someplace of your liking.

If anyone has negative info on this, please let us know. I'm about to make the purchase!
Old December 15th, 2008, 6:42 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

earl...The lock pick is not need to install a parrot kit. I have done many of these kits, and have never used the lock pick. A waste of money IMO
Old December 27th, 2008, 12:41 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the note Shawnvw...I already had the lockpic, did it for access to some menus on the NAV and XM whilel the vehicle is in motion.
I did finally find some pages on the Parrot web site that showed me the wiring schematic of the Evolution and was able to get it all tied in...seems to work real well.
Now am looking at getting a the bluetooth for the other trucks in the house, a 2003 Sierra and a 2008 Silverado. When you tied yours intoyour vehicle (obviously without a lockpic) did you purchasean additional interface cable? If so, where did you goto find it?
Many thanks, Earl
Old December 28th, 2008, 6:40 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

cut\splice
If you have a factory amp, get your connections in the front kick panels to by-pass the amp so the audio is not too loud\distorted