Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Brake Controller setup?

Old March 5th, 2007, 6:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Controller setup?

Ok, another question (sorry!) - this one is on the factory trailer wiring harness and hooking up an aftermarket electric brake controller. Has anyone done this yet? I was reading the manual on this, and looks like they suggest bringing to a dealer...I like working on my own stuff, so was hoping someone could tell me. They leave two of the connections not hooked up (Studs 66 and 71 if I recall correctly) in the underhood fuse box...I assume the wires are bundled in one of the harness extensions? Also, they say that under the dash they leave blunt cut wires for hooking up a trailer brake controller, but in my real quick glance, didn't see anything obvious?

Any help would be much appreciated! I have a car trailer that I use, and since it is stored about a 1/2 hour from my house, it would be much easier to go and pick it up after work or whenever with the Tahoe, then having to go over to my brother'sand pick up our Super Duty every time...also might be towing a small toyhauler in the future, so trying to find out how to hook this thing up.
Old March 5th, 2007, 6:25 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Brake Controller setup?

You'll find the answers that are looking for in this previous thread:

https://chevroletforum.com/m_7651/tm.htm
Old March 5th, 2007, 7:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brake Controller setup?

Thanks,that helps me find the red wires and the four blunt cut ones under the dash. Do you know where that dark blue wire they refer to in the manual is? I believe it was for the electric trailer brakes (but don't have the manual with me right now).