Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Broken Master Unlock Switch Repaired

Old July 19th, 2016, 7:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Master Unlock Switch Repaired

I have a 2003 Suburban LT. The unlock switch on the master switch in the driver door was not working. I removed the switch, disassembled it, and found that the contact pads on the board contacting the silicone sheet/switches were dirty. I cleaned all of them with rubbing alcohol and q-tips and reassembled everything. Now all of the buttons work again. Saved $200 by repairing myself.

My master switch has all the options including heated side mirrors so it would have been an expensive replacement.

None of the switches or buttons have to be removed. The master switch assembly is disassembled from the bottom. Release tabs gently and slowly work your way in until you pull out the last piece, the silicone sheet.

I did not take pictures unfortunately during the process but I'll try to help if anyone has questions that I might be able to answer.

Search this Thread