Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

A/C blows ht air from 1 vent

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2014, 7:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C blows ht air from 1 vent

I have 2012 tahoe that will put 100 degree air out of passenger vent above radio also blew 100 degree air with passenger side off . Dealer replaced actuator but it did not make it home untill it did it again . This in a/C mode with temp set @ 71* anyone have an idea.
Old October 28th, 2014, 7:11 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jharv
I have 2012 tahoe that will put 100 degree air out of passenger vent above radio also blew 100 degree air with passenger side off . Dealer replaced actuator but it did not make it home untill it did it again . This in a/C mode with temp set @ 71* anyone have an idea.
Hey there,

I am truly sorry for these concerns with your Tahoe. We would be happy to look into this further, and explore some options with the dealership. Please feel free to reach out to us via private message, and include your VIN, current mileage, contact info and a preferred dealership.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 29th, 2014, 5:18 PM
CF Beginner

Patsy G , thanks for your response. The Tahoe is and has been at Mountain View Chevy in Chattanooga TN. I purchased it there. Previously owned 2007 Tahoe and have used them for service in the past . I was pleased with their service. The issue is intermittent which makes it hard to diagnose. There are two A/C vents above radio and the vent on right (passenger side ) will blow 100- 120 degree air . This is when it is in cool mode and dual zone control set at 71 .They changed actuator on passenger side and that didn't fix it. I think it is in a circuit board of some type. The mechanics of the system seem to work when put through test modes , but there is a break down occurring at some point allowing the hot air to come out the vent. I am an air conditioning contractor. I understand these things can be hard to figure out experience is really the best teacher. Hoping someone had had this problem before and has an idea. My idea is the controller ( whatever that is is ) is bad. I don't have the vin number handy but is 2012 Tahoe LT 4 wheel dr. Thanks Jeff one more thing .It also blew hot air 110+ out of passenger vent with passenger side zone in off
Old October 29th, 2014, 6:32 PM
CF Beginner

Do you have the auto HVAC? They may need to look at the actual HVAC control head itself. We had one come into the shop earlier this week that blew hot air out of the driver side and A/C out of the passenger side. Our electrical tech swapped the control units after diag and found it to work. Hope you figure it out! HVAC is surely something else.
Old November 2nd, 2014, 5:28 PM
CF Beginner

Can someone tell me if you can go up in size tire from 275/55/ 20 to say 285 65/ 20 on 2012 tahoe .thanks
Old November 2nd, 2014, 5:31 PM
CF Beginner

I was able to get the dealer to change control head. So far seems to work .
Old November 2nd, 2014, 6:35 PM
CF Beginner

Glad to hear it's working so far! As far as the tires go, I would say yes, but I'm not too sure how bad if any the scrub will be. The fender wells on those are more significantly taller than they are in width. I'd keep asking around though and if you can't get a straight answer I'd probably try 285/60R20's this go around if you don't already have those tires you asked of.
Old November 2nd, 2014, 8:28 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Can someone tell me if you can go up in size tire from 275/55/ 20 to say 285 65/ 20 on 2012 tahoe .thanks
You should post your question in a new thread instead of hijacking this thread. You will get more views that way.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 5:21 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for info . But I can't figure out how to post new thread. Seems harder now than a couple years ago.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 8:08 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks for info . But I can't figure out how to post new thread. Seems harder now than a couple years ago.
You just posted to a thread to start a new one go to the top of the forum section you want to post to and click "New Thread"
Attached Thumbnails A/C blows ht air from 1 vent-capture.jpg