Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tahoe Police Center Console & Hitch?

Old May 19th, 2011, 7:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tahoe Police Center Console & Hitch?

Hello. I am new to the forum but see there is lots of great information here. I am getting ready to order a new 2011 Tahoe 2WD PPV (police package) in ice blue, but have 2 remaining questions.

One, I was informed the Tahoe police package can be ordered with a center console as an option. However, the dealer says it cannot. Does anyone know for sure if the dealer is correct?

Two, the Tahoe police package does not come with a hitch. I want to add one for light towing, but there appears to be no specific aftermarket hitches available. Does anyone know if a hitch is available and where it can be sourced? Under the bumper would be OK, assuming that is made, or the through-the-bumper style as it comes from the factory.

Thank you for any information you may have. Bruce
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
Old May 20th, 2011, 8:03 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default well

you can always add the factory center console later.

get me some photos of this police tahoe, I am not that familiar w/them...
Old May 20th, 2011, 10:47 AM
CF Beginner

Chevrolet recommends NO towing with the PPV model 2wd Tahoe.
Old May 20th, 2011, 1:47 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by brucetant
Hello. I am new to the forum but see there is lots of great information here. I am getting ready to order a new 2011 Tahoe 2WD PPV (police package) in ice blue, but have 2 remaining questions.

One, I was informed the Tahoe police package can be ordered with a center console as an option. However, the dealer says it cannot. Does anyone know for sure if the dealer is correct?

Two, the Tahoe police package does not come with a hitch. I want to add one for light towing, but there appears to be no specific aftermarket hitches available. Does anyone know if a hitch is available and where it can be sourced? Under the bumper would be OK, assuming that is made, or the through-the-bumper style as it comes from the factory.

Thank you for any information you may have. Bruce
<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>

Brucetant,

Welcome to the forum. I took a look at the options on the 2011 Tahoe Police vehicle and I do not show an option for a center console. Unfortunately, I do not show a towing package for this vehicle. I am not showing any accessories for this either. I advise you to speak with the dealership to confirm if adding a towing package would be an option. I hope this helps.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old May 23rd, 2011, 2:40 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you for the information. I have a quick update since my prior post.

The dealer got back with me and said he learned we are past the date that the 2011 Tahoe Police version can be ordered. The order will need to be for a 2012, but he needs to check to see when 2012 orders can start being taken.

Also, he said the center console will now be available as an option for the 2012. It appears there is a new blue, Blue Topaz, replacing Ice Blue as well.

No change regarding the towing package though. I am aware Chevrolet does not provide a tow rating for the 2WD Tahoe Police, but the dealer states this is because it is not tested since the vehicle is not usually used in this manner by police departments. The special suspension on the vehicle may lower towing ability some, but it should be sufficient with lighter trailers.

So, as soon as a 2012 order can be taken, I plan to order in Topaz Blue with the optional center console. I will need to source and add the hitch separately. If anyone has any 2012 information yet, please post here so everyone can see.<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
Old May 24th, 2011, 1:18 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by brucetant
Thank you for the information. I have a quick update since my prior post.

The dealer got back with me and said he learned we are past the date that the 2011 Tahoe Police version can be ordered. The order will need to be for a 2012, but he needs to check to see when 2012 orders can start being taken.

Also, he said the center console will now be available as an option for the 2012. It appears there is a new blue, Blue Topaz, replacing Ice Blue as well.

No change regarding the towing package though. I am aware Chevrolet does not provide a tow rating for the 2WD Tahoe Police, but the dealer states this is because it is not tested since the vehicle is not usually used in this manner by police departments. The special suspension on the vehicle may lower towing ability some, but it should be sufficient with lighter trailers.

So, as soon as a 2012 order can be taken, I plan to order in Topaz Blue with the optional center console. I will need to source and add the hitch separately. If anyone has any 2012 information yet, please post here so everyone can see.<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>
Brucetant,

Is there any specific information you are looking for on the 2012 Tahoe police vehicle?

Thank you

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old May 25th, 2011, 9:04 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default information

Wouldn't any and all useful, specific, information be on Chevy's web site?

If not, why isn't it?

http://www.chevrolet.com/tahoe-suv/

I like how the photos are still of '07 Tahoes.

Specifically the one of the center stack.

If you know how I know this, why doesn't GM? Why not update the website? Ohh, the text says 2011 tahoe, but we couldn't be bothered to take a new picture...

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; May 25th, 2011 at 9:18 AM.
Old May 26th, 2011, 7:51 AM
CF Beginner

Elizabeth, thank you for the offer. The dealer says he has been unable to obtain 2012 information, so there are a few questions I would like to ask you.

1) When can I place an order for the 2012 model?

2) Will Blue Topaz be available with the Police package, or only on the regular Tahoe?
Also, I read Blue Topaz will be late availability, so how does that affect the order date I ask about in 1)?

3) Assuming the center console is indeed now an option for the 2012 Police Package, do you know what it costs?

4) Is there any change regarding availability of a factory hitch for the 2012 Police Package with 2WD?

Thank you very much for any information you can provide. Bruce

"Is there any specific information you are looking for on the 2012 Tahoe police vehicle?"
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
Old May 16th, 2013, 9:34 AM
CF Beginner

did you get a hitch? I have a 2013 PPV Tahoe and I am running into the same problem, no one makes one as all the civilian models come with hitches
Old May 16th, 2013, 10:16 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

can anyone order these or do you have to be law enforcement? also what is the pricing?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tahoe Police Center Console & Hitch?