Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

95 Tahoe Front Seats Sources?

Search this Thread

Old June 28th, 2008, 2:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Tahoe Front Seats Sources?

Son's 95 Tahoe has leather seats. The back is good but the fronts are cracking and the driver's seat is starting to tear at the seam where the top joins the (vinyl) side. Right now I have "faux" sheepsking covers ingray but they are made for a smaller seat I think since they slip off![]
I looked on the internet and I see where you can buy replacement covers for the seats. But you have to take the original leather off and have the new leather cover put on and they suggest having an upholsterer do it![:-]AND..I havenoticed that the driver's seat back does not adjust properly. It won't stay in a more upright position-it wants to stay in a slightly "laid back" position. Son doesn't mind this but it bothers me and I have to wonder if this seat is safe![]
SO... does anyone have any good sources for replacement seats other than the obvious local junkyard? The driver side is power, the passenger side is manual except for the lumbar. It is the 2 door model so that passenger side front seat has to slide forward to allow passengers into the back seat.
I want to get this car all "fixed up" since son will get his license in August and will diving it to school. It just had some the A/C controls replaced and will go in for a scheduled tranny service soon (has 100,000 miles on it now).
But this seat thing is bugging me. I was going to "alter" the phony sheepskin covers to fit better but son doesn't likethem and I have to agree. After a few months wear, they look like "elderly sheepskin", KWIM? Plus son will be practicing football soon and will be all sweaty-ewww![:'(] Leather with a towel on it will clean much easier!
So anyone got any ideas or sources for me?
Old June 29th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts
Default RE: 95 Tahoe Front Seats Sources?

Have you considered other seat covers? JC Witney has several and I am sure there are plenty more

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/V...015607/c-10101
Old June 29th, 2008, 7:14 PM
e
CF Senior Member

try coverking......I recommened the neoprene.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 1:18 AM
CF Junior Member

Thanks for the ideas on covers,but I am trying to find the actual SEATS. Any ideas on where to find replacement seats? The driver's seat is not working right and I am afraid it is not safe.