Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Tahoe & Suburban
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2008, 12:22 PM

Default CARGO SPEAKER 2002 SUBURBAN

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT SIZE AND OR HOW BIG A WOOFER I CAN FIT IN THAT CARGO AREA SPEAKER SLOT IN A 2002 SUBURBAN? HOW DEEP A WOOFER CAN I PUT IN THERE WITHOUT ANY ALTERATIONS? THANKS, JON.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 02-12-2008, 04:49 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: CARGO SPEAKER 2002 SUBURBAN

This is a small space to work with. I pushed in the metal cover of the gas filler tube(making sure that it was still far away from gas tube).without doing this you will probably need a small depth woofer. I then made3templates of the curved surfaces bracketed them in and sealed all airgaps with foam gap filler. Itworks very well. Oh ya I have a 10" sub in there. I am planning on changing it to a dual 10" isobaric enclosure. I will post some pics on here for you to see. You could always use fiberglass which would be a better way to make the back of the enclosure.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:49 PM

Tags
02, 2002, 24, audio, cargo, harness, installation, location, locations, metra, pin, removal, size, speaker, speakers, suburban, tahoe, upgrade, wiring