Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:05 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

CD stuck in Player

Search this Thread

Old December 14th, 2008, 9:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD stuck in Player

I have a 2005 Suburban with a cd stuck in the player and will not eject. I am pretty mechanical and would like to fix my self.But before I start tearing my truck apart.Does anybody know the proper way to take the dash apart.Is the cd tray seperate from stero and is it removableor replacable or do I have to replaceor send the whole stereo in?Or can I wire an external cd player into the stereo? What would be my easyiest and cheapest solution? Thanks
Old December 15th, 2008, 6:37 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: CD stuck in Player

Try removing and reinstalling the underhood radio fuse first. If the cd player comes to life, you're good to go untill the next time it happens. If you want it fixed for good you will need to get the cd player reprogrammed by the dealer
Old December 15th, 2008, 9:01 PM
CF Beginner

The cd player is working, I just can't get the cd to eject. If removing the fuse & re installingworks my hats off to you,Thanks. Do you know is there a port on the back of the radio,to install an external portfor an mp3 player?
Old December 18th, 2008, 1:29 PM
CF Beginner

Hi, just got an 04 with the 6 CD unit which had the same problem. The unit wouldn't eject or load any CDs.

Got the unit out of the car and could see the stuck CD from the bottom of the player. The unit had tried to select the bottom CD and got stuck on the white spindle. Through on of the gaps I was able to slide the CD back onto the spindle. Put the unit back in the car and the player could then eject all of the CDs. The problem one had one of those home printed labels on it that had become all creased (probably moisture from the car sitting around and not being used at the dealer?) - warning to all with home made CDs?

If you need more help in how to get the unit out let me know.
Old December 18th, 2008, 8:08 PM
Banned

There is no external port on the back of these or any factory radios.
Old September 14th, 2009, 11:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default Underhood radio fuse?

Originally Posted by shawnvw
Try removing and reinstalling the underhood radio fuse first. If the cd player comes to life, you're good to go untill the next time it happens. If you want it fixed for good you will need to get the cd player reprogrammed by the dealer

I have the same problem (This is my very first Chevy I have ever owned) - the cd is all of a sudden "stuck"

1. Would you be able to give me a better ideas as to where the "underhood fuse" is ?

2. Why would the fuse have anything to do with a stuck CD? (again I am simply asking)

3. When you say have it re-programmed by the dealer - what does that mean ?

Thank you for contributions to this forum
Old September 15th, 2009, 4:11 PM
Banned

there is a fuse panel under the hood of the truck with a 15amp fuse for the radio. Pull it out and put it back in and try the radio.
These radios are controlled by software programmed into them. There was a software issue with them that would cause the cd the become inop. re&re-ing the fuse would reset the software and make the cd work again untill it had another brain fart.
The dealership can re-program the radio with new software to prevent it from ever happening again.

The only applies to software issues, not mechanical failure. If re&re-ing the fuse does not fix the problem, your issue is mechanical
Old March 29th, 2011, 11:27 AM
CF Beginner

I took the fuse out and the cd is still stuck. Is their anything else I can do before taken the cd player?
Old April 5th, 2011, 7:26 AM
CF Beginner

I had the same problem with my 2005 Tahoe. I had 4 cd's loaded and it wold not play or eject any of them. My dealer said it was shot and needed a new radio...$700 bucks or so. I opted not. I took the radio out, which was pretty easy and kept it connected. While pressing the eject button I was able to take a small screwdriver in the top of the stereo as I could see the cd's and gently push on the cd's from the rear and it ejected. I had no trouble with the first three. THe last one would not come out at all. I am guessing the dealer knew what he was talking about. Either way I would not put a $700 factory back in. For 700y ou can get a sweet aftermarket with DVD, bluetooth, etc. etc.
ALSO< i know it was probably not too smart putting something in the radio while powered up...be careful when doing this..I am not sure where electrical is. I was careful only to touch the CD...Kind of like the game operation.
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:49 AM
CF Beginner

how does one take out the unit/ radio properly?

Quick Reply: CD stuck in Player