Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Tahoe & Suburban
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Change Engine Oil light

Hey guys how's it going. I was wondering if anyone here knows how to reset that damn light that comes on when you need to change the oil. I have a 2001 chevy tahoe with about 51k miles on it. On the dash where the message center is, the Change Engine Oil light comes on wheneveri turn on the tahoe. Even after i change the oil. How do i go about resetting that damn light? I know you have to do something with pushing the trip odometer and stepping on the brakes like 10 times, but i cant remember in what order, or what it is exactly that i need to do. Thanks in advance.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 08-21-2005, 10:56 PM

I believe, that you turn the switch to the "on" position & press the gas pedal three times within 5 seconds.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:10 PM

thanks. actually i got it figured out this weekend, or atleast this is what i did and it worked. i turned off the tahoe and pushed and held the trip button while i stepped on the brake 10 times. i pushed the brake all the way. i let go of the trip button after the 10th push. i turned the tahoe on and the change oil light did not come back on.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:14 PM

Default RE: Change Engine Oil light

i tired the on position and the holding the trip button and pressing the break ans the light stayed off THANKS !!!! what other tricks are there for the truck with the computer
Old 07-04-2006, 02:22 AM

Default RE: Change Engine Oil light

All true, plus the gas pedal "must" be pushed in all the way. Chevy mech corrected me.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:42 PM
CF Beginner

how to reset change engine oil light Chevrolet 2006
Old 03-22-2013, 09:45 PM
CF Active Member

Mani,

Do you have the steering controls on your steering wheel for changing the display on the Driver Information Center? If you do, press the steering controls to display the oil life indicator and then press the reset button on the steering wheel that you use to reset the trip.

If you don't have the steering wheel controls, you should be able to turn the key to run, press the gas pedal fully three times within 5 seconds. The oil life reset should show up on the DIC.

2012 Chev Suburban 1500 LTZ
2003 Chev Silverado 2500HD LT
1969 Chev Camaro SS
Old 05-21-2013, 01:58 PM
CF Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latintiger View Post
Hey guys how's it going. I was wondering if anyone here knows how to reset that damn light that comes on when you need to change the oil. I have a 2001 chevy tahoe with about 51k miles on it. On the dash where the message center is, the Change Engine Oil light comes on wheneveri turn on the tahoe. Even after i change the oil. How do i go about resetting that damn light? I know you have to do something with pushing the trip odometer and stepping on the brakes like 10 times, but i cant remember in what order, or what it is exactly that i need to do. Thanks in advance.
My dear friend,

If the pedal procedure doesn't function, try with with switch on (but engine off) to press counter reset button (of the odometer) and the same time the brake pedal.
Then this will work!

Greetings from World Bodyguards Association - WBA
Old 05-21-2013, 01:58 PM

Tags
2000, 2003, break, change, chevrolet, chevy, colorado, engine, hhr, light, miles, oil, pushed, reset, tahoe, turn, venture