Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Check oil level AND oil pressure gauge reading 80

Old August 16th, 2013, 10:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check oil level AND oil pressure gauge reading 80

So my wife's 2005 Suburban 1500 LT gets a warning at startup for "check oil level" and the level checks out fine with the dipstick. The cluster was just rebuilt with new stator motors on ALL gauges by USspeedo (the speedometer was broken as well). The oil pressure gauge is still pinned at 80. I was going to replace the pressure sensor on the back side of the block, but not sure if the level sensor should be replaced as well. I believe it's inside the oil pan?? Any advice would e greatly appreciated.
Old August 17th, 2013, 5:04 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Steelman512
So my wife's 2005 Suburban 1500 LT gets a warning at startup for "check oil level" and the level checks out fine with the dipstick. The cluster was just rebuilt with new stator motors on ALL gauges by USspeedo (the speedometer was broken as well). The oil pressure gauge is still pinned at 80. I was going to replace the pressure sensor on the back side of the block, but not sure if the level sensor should be replaced as well. I believe it's inside the oil pan?? Any advice would e greatly appreciated.
Oil pressure and oil level are not directly related to each other. Obviously, if you have no oil, you will have no pressure, but aside from that, the two are not related. There is an oil level sensor that could be faulty, but the pressure shouldn't be pegged at 80 psi, either. You shoot me the VIN and I'll get the info for you. Any warranty on that cluster rebuild?
Old October 3rd, 2013, 5:07 PM
CF Beginner

So I changed the oil today and while I had everything drained, I replaced the oil level sensor on the pass side of the oil pan. I thought this would fix the "low oil level" indication on the dash, but it is still there. Is there anything that I can reset on the vehicles computer?
Old October 4th, 2013, 3:42 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

So I changed the oil today and while I had everything drained, I replaced the oil level sensor on the pass side of the oil pan. I thought this would fix the "low oil level" indication on the dash, but it is still there. Is there anything that I can reset on the vehicles computer?
You may want to inspect the sensor wire harness for any damage, if you are still getting the error, its possible the sensor is fine but the wiring is at fault...
Old June 8th, 2023, 2:51 PM
CF Beginner

On your 1500 is the oil level sensor on the passenger side on the oil pan or block ????