Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 12:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Clock Stays on in Tahoe?

Search this Thread

Old October 6th, 2010, 10:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clock Stays on in Tahoe?

Today my battery in my newly bought '97 Chevy Tahoe LT was dead, I had noticed the other day, the radio continues to play in the car, after it has been turned off. I have just decided to turn off the radio before I turn off the truck, easy. Now I've noticed the clock stays on in the truck, and when i open the passenger side door, it turns off, shut the door, it turns back on in about 12 seconds. Any thoughts? Bad fuse? I read a similar thread, but no one had posted a solution. And, my "Dome Override" switch, is pushed in, always. I have not tested it with the switch pushed out, which I assume is the off position.

EDIT: Additionally, I have a green colored headlamp light above my tach, it doesn't turn off for nothing, is that normal?

EDIT2: Is there a way I could disable the RAP? A fuse? Relay?

Last edited by Kershiv; October 7th, 2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old October 7th, 2010, 5:46 PM
CF Beginner

Alright, after fiddling with the passenger door switch, I got the radio to turn off with the truck(you could open and close the driver and passenger door, it'd still stay off). I then came back again, and fiddled with the same switch, and went back a step, it had the problem again. Does anyone know the fuse for the RAP? I (hopefully for now) removed fuse 19, the "RADIO BATT" fuse, hoping it would stop staying on in the truck while its off, well it made it stay off no matter what. Thats fine for now, I dont use the radio much anyway.

This is quite an annoyance.
Old October 7th, 2010, 8:08 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

sounds like a relay sticking, might want to check out the interior lamp control module
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sho...interior+light
Old October 8th, 2010, 11:03 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
sounds like a relay sticking, might want to check out the interior lamp control module
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sho...interior+light
Before I step to doing that, I'd like to try what he tried, replacing the door triggers, but I cant find anything on it. All I've read is the switch itself is delicate, so I dont want to tug on it to have it break and scatter into the dash.
Old October 10th, 2010, 11:58 AM
CF Beginner

Message to future searchers!!(in relation to replacing door jamb switches, triggers)

They are extremely hard to remove from outside of the dash, you most likely would need a special tool! If people tell you they just replace them easily, and they cant explain how to remove it, DONT believe them, removing the switch from the outside will most likely break off the black plastic disc from the actual switch housing, and leave u with the spring, pin, and black disc/cover!! Additionally, look at pictures of new replacement switches being sold, notice the clips and such.

On the lighter side I fixed my problem, by busting the switch and losing it in the dash, making the door permanently (temporarily) register as closed.

This forum wasnt too helpful tbh. Any searches finding this post trying to fix a electrical issue, or replacing door switches, there are more knowledgeable forums, that even have less members, I recommend you look, I'm probly not allowed to link to other forums.