Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

CLOCK WONT SET, NO NUMBERS?? HELP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old February 24th, 2007, 5:36 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CLOCK WONT SET, NO NUMBERS?? HELP PLEASE!

I went out to mess with my onstar wires for the voice commands to try and twist the wires to stop the whinning noise. I unplugged every harness in the back of the HU and pulled it out. I get it all done plug it back up and everything works, BUT the damn clock. I go into set it and it when I push the hours/minutes it never shows anything on the screen. There are NO numbers there. I can push the minutes and the hour button and it beeps through the speakers but never brings up any numbers? Does anyone have any idea what the hell is going on? Is there a wire for this that might be messed up? Is it something internally on the HU? Or does it just take a while for it to work. I dont ever recall having to reset the clock after unplugging everything on the HU and pluggin it back up? GRRRRR, what could this be? Anyone?
Old February 24th, 2007, 5:43 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CLOCK WONT SET, NO NUMBERS?? HELP PLEASE!

That sucks, I dont have much help for you. You might unplug and plug it back in again or disconnect your battery for 1 minute and re-connect it. I think if you disconnect the battery though, the computer has to re-learn some things on your truck so it runs right (I think, not real sure but I think I read that some where).
Old February 24th, 2007, 5:48 PM
CF Addict

I did the unplug replug. That was my first thought however it wasnt the fix. THis may take ZX or Gmgeek to get me an answer. It doesnt make sense. There is nothing I did or changed to cause this to happen. UNLESS, there is a setting or something that isnt right?
Old February 24th, 2007, 6:01 PM
CF Addict

Some pics of the issue!

Old February 24th, 2007, 7:45 PM
CF Addict

This is crazy! I tried everything, and listen to the cure! Uninstalled everything from the HU again. I took the neg bat cable off, everything. Plugged it back up nothing still no working clock.

SO, I have tried everything, I THOUGHT. I hit the audio button, I adjust the bass one notch DOWN! THe radio all the sudden at least doubles in volume!!!!! I was like WTF! So then, I mess with a few more settings! DOnt know why, but it like WOKE something up!

I go back to the clock and sure enough it programmed right up? What the heck is up with the radio's in these things. HOw did adjusting the bass DOWN one notch cause my entire radio to double in volume. It added a lot more bass and the volume all of the sudden sounded amplified?

Oh well it all works, just strange how adjusting the bass down fixed everything!
Old February 24th, 2007, 8:06 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The NAV unit is basically a PC. It has an operating system that is always running - when you pulled the cables without disconnecting the Neg battery cable it encountered (or missed) something it was not expecting & one of its processes must have gotten whacked. If you left it overnight it probably would have eventually corrected itself. On these 2007's I learned that you always disconnect the battery before doing anything electrical
Old February 24th, 2007, 8:59 PM
CF Addict

ORIGINAL: konasmrz

The NAV unit is basically a PC. It has an operating system that is always running - when you pulled the cables without disconnecting the Neg battery cable it encountered (or missed) something it was not expecting & one of its processes must have gotten whacked. If you left it overnight it probably would have eventually corrected itself. On these 2007's I learned that you always disconnect the battery before doing anything electrical
I normally do, and always have removed the negative battery cable when doing all other work. It simply slipped my mind today. I was just going to run down and twist the wires real quick during half time of a ballgame and totally forgot!

If I get a new connector from GMGeek for the onstar to connnector C1 pins 4 & 5, how do I pull the old pins out that came with the wiring from JP customs? I pulled the little red pin out of the harness, but they didnt want to come out! I am thinking they arent going to come out????
Old February 24th, 2007, 9:05 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've not done it yet but you can probably do it with a jeweler's screwdriver. There is a special Kent Moore tool but I can't figure out where/how to get one. The dealers get theirs in kits from GM with the new models and they don't even know how to order a pin removal tool separately.

Specifically, the tool is called a "Release Tool/Test Probe: 15315247/J-35616-3 (GY)

If you figure out how to get one let me know.......
Old February 24th, 2007, 9:06 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just stop...you're scaring me....

Old February 24th, 2007, 9:22 PM
CF Addict

ORIGINAL: konasmrz

I've not done it yet but you can probably do it with a jeweler's screwdriver. There is a special Kent Moore tool but I can't figure out where/how to get one. The dealers get theirs in kits from GM with the new models and they don't even know how to order a pin removal tool separately.

Specifically, the tool is called a "Release Tool/Test Probe: 15315247/J-35616-3 (GY)

If you figure out how to get one let me know.......
There is no way that I can get this info in my small town! How about gmpartsdirect?
The following users liked this post:
Whiskeyt (September 26th, 2019)

Quick Reply: CLOCK WONT SET, NO NUMBERS?? HELP PLEASE!