Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Code p0410 on a 2001 tahoe

Search this Thread

Old November 8th, 2010, 10:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code p0410 on a 2001 tahoe

check engine light came on, got my 01' Tahoe scanned by a local dealer gave me code of P0410 Air Induction system faliure.
I'm no mechanic but I would like to do it myself. I checked the hose under the hood but found no leaks. Any suggestions? I would like to start replacing least expensive to expensive parts.

What are the common parts replaced?
How do you know if you have a faulty air pump?
Does anyone know where I can view a diagram to where each part is located?
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Have you tried these...also see attached TSB

P0410 OBD-II Trouble Code

Technical Description

Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction

What does that mean?

The P0410 code refers to the emissions system. The AIR pump puts air to the exhaust to lower emissions. It takes in outside air and pumps it through two one-way check valves into each bank of the exhaust.

About 90% of the time that this code is set, the one-way check valves have worn out or failed and allow water (which occurs naturally in the exhaust) back into the pump. In any cold climate, especially in climates with higher humidity, this water may be more excessive. The water partially fills the AIR pump, it can then freeze. When the PCM commands the pump on, if the pump is frozen it cannot turn, thus overloading the circuit and "popping" the fuse.

Symptoms

Possibly symptoms include:

MIL illumination obviously
Hesitation on acceleration
Noise from a bad/stuck AIR pump
Causes

A code P0410 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Water may have collected in the AIR pump or the vent solenoid and frozen or corroded the pump
Blown AIR pump fuse due to freezing up
Possible Solutions

Note: There is a technical service bulletin (TSB) regarding this code for a number of GM models. The TSB calls for the replacement of the AIR pump and the installation of a new secondary injection hose. The TSB can be found on this ACDelco site.

Additionally, if you simply replace the AIR pump the problem may return again (and again). If you replace the pump, also clean out the hoses and replace the one-way check valve. If this is on a GM model that the TSB applies to, follow those instructions in the link above. In a few cases, people have put a small hole in the rubber cover on the pump which allows any water to drain out.

Also, please note that this may be covered under the emissions warranty on the vehicle. If your vehicle is out of bumper-to-bumper warranty, check if the emissions warranty is still valid!

Replace the AIR pump AND one-way check valve
Test and clean the AIR pump AND test and replace the one-way air check valve
Replace the AIR pump inlet hose
Replace the AIR pump fuse (found under the hood)

This comes from http://www.obd-codes.com/p0410
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
tsb_04D-183.pdf (78.4 KB, 1097 views)
Old August 29th, 2013, 12:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have a 2001 GMC Yukon 5.3l and have the p0410 code coming up. changed gas cap, purge solenoid, spark plugs, air pump, air pump relay, charchoal canister and still getting code. I did noticed that the air pump goes off while driving at times, which I know should not. I live in CA which is dry and checked the pump and no water or moisture what so ever. Any ideas?