Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Coolant leak but can't find where.

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2015, 8:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant leak but can't find where.

Hello, I have a 2005 Suburban 5.3l non flex fuel that has a coolant leak somewhere and I can't seem to find it. I recently changed my t-stat because of temp gauge red lining.I now have a major leak what seems to be coming from under the water pump but not by the weep hole. I mean when I start the truck it drips pretty good but there is no physical wetness from the top of the engine compartment. I'm thinking that I need to replace the water pump but I don't want to if that is not it. Could it just be the water pump gasket? Also, I was checking out water pumps on line and some say " fits 2.05" diameter t-stat outlet or 1.88" diameter t-stat outlet" and I'm not sure what one I have. If this helps the t-stat was the t-stat and housing all in one. Any help as to what it may be is appreciated. One more thing, I would be buying new as opposed to re-manufactured and would like to know a good brand name. Thanks in advance.