Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Customization questions

Old April 8th, 2008, 11:48 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customization questions

So now that we finally have a 2008 Tahoe we are wanting to customize it, but not spend a whole lot of money on it.

As far as I know, my mom wants to add OEM chrome to the grille, handlebars, and mirrors. BUT she wants the lower part of the mirror to be chrome [like the Escalade], not the mirror cap. Where can we get a good deal on OEM chrome parts?

Next, we're considering changing the interior. Currently it has the ebony leather interior, captain's chairs in the front row, then the 3-seater bench in the 2nd, and the 2-seater benchin the 3rd. My mom really wants the Z71 grey and black seats, 1st and second row heated [and 2nd row powerfold benchseat, or captain's chairs]. Is that possible, and where can we look for them?

Also, she wants to find HID bulbs as closely resembling to the 2007+ Escalade's intensity as possible. Maybe her headlamps will support the Escalade HID bulbs?

Can power running boards be added on from the dealer?

Finally, I know you can convert the tailights to the Escalade ones, but we want the Denali tailights. Is it possible, and how hard is it [if possible]?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old April 9th, 2008, 12:22 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Customization questions

Try these 2 for cheap oem parts & accessories: http://gmaccessoriesstore.com/ also http://gmpartsdirect.com/As far as the running boards go with aftermarket, they'll be cheaper and work just as well. My friend had these on his pickup: http://www.bestoppowerstep.com/index.php?load=homeAlso try ebay for the mirror covers, Putco is 1 of the better brands. Hope this helps.
Old April 9th, 2008, 8:25 AM
CF Beginner

Change my 07 interior to black with grey inserts, all 3 rows, katzkins was best option of me.
Old April 10th, 2008, 4:46 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Sounds like your Mom should have shopped around and got a Tahoe that was more like what she wanted rather than trying to add some of those things after the fact. Unless of course she got a drop dead good deal.

Search this forum for discussions on HIDs. There's lots of info.