Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

CTSY fuse

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2016, 1:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTSY fuse

The ctsy fuse keeps blowing in 1993 suburban. Meter shows a direct short to ground. I disconnected the dome light switches and the heating control, radio and equalizer in the dash. A lot of info I have found online was contradictory with what is and what is not on the CTSY and just confused me more. The cigarette lighter and power windows still work. The curtesy lights aren't working now because the fuse keeps blowing. Some said the radio is also on the CTSY but my diagram doesn't show that. The equalizer stopped working years ago but the radio just recently stopped working. The CTSY fuse was blown so I replaced it and it blew again. The radio fuse is not blown.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the radio system or a more detailed diagram for the CTSY circuit? I have a general wiring diagram that shows the CTSY circuit but it doesn't show everything.

1993 Chevy, gmc 1500
Old February 8th, 2016, 6:09 AM
CF Active Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The CTSY fuse supplies power to the radio for the clock and memory. Try unplugging the connector at the radio. Check the door switches for broken/shorted connectors. Don't forget to check the mirror vanity lights and the glove box light. The headlight switch also controls the courtesy lights, check to see if it's OK. If there are any lights turned ON, the meter will show a short (very low resistance) to ground, keep the doors closed and switches OFF when using the meter. Just some ideas to check on, hope it helps.
The following users liked this post:
Rick Kroker (July 5th, 2020)
Old March 30th, 2022, 12:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ctsy

Thank you very much, your comment was very useful, I had problems with CTSY