Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Custom Style Rear Spoiler for Chevy Tahoe 2007-2015

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2014, 6:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Custom Style Rear Spoiler for Chevy Tahoe 2007-2015

Most of you will think that spoiler is a great accessory, but for the race cars. Why should you include a spoiler to your modern Tahoe and what good it can make to your truck? We decided to discuss this question.

SUV's spoiler main purpose is to blow air down the back of the vehicles body to keep dust off the back tailgate/window on dirt/gravel roads plus rain at speed etc. You'll notice that there's always a gap between the body and the spoiler. That's where the air is directed down the back of the body. Well, with the spoiler, it flows air down the back of the body to blow off dirt at all times and reduce turbulence.

PureŽ - Custom Style Rear Spoiler gives your car a vibrant, dynamic and sporty look. It is made from Fiberglass, installs easily with screws and gaskets and backed by a 3-year warranty.

It is available in Unpainted and Painted versions (you can check the paint code by VIN# or with paint code labels, located at the driver side door jamb).

What do you think about this accessory - yes or no?

Chrome accessories, performance chips, and air intakes for Chevy at Chevy Accessories & Parts at CARiD.com The variety of performance accessories at affordable prices!

Last edited by carid; October 9th, 2014 at 6:49 AM.
Old July 30th, 2014, 8:09 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default hmm

I'm gonna go with... no.

also, I don't think it's going to fit the 2015.

so you should edit that, and not show a photo of the 2015...
Old July 30th, 2014, 9:21 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Had one on a Chrysler minivan and the theory was good but it didn't work. I think there's just to much suction on the back of a basically square vehicle to overcome by the downdraft from the spoiler.
Old July 31st, 2014, 12:44 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by carid
SUV's spoiler main purpose is to blow air down the back of the vehicles body to keep dust off the back tailgate/window on dirt/gravel roads plus rain at speed etc. You'll notice that there's always a gap between the body and the spoiler. That's where the air is directed down the back of the body. Well, with the spoiler, it flows air down the back of the body to blow off dirt at all times and reduce turbulence.
Well, it is intended to reduce turbulence, and hence drag, but it does nothing towards keeping dust or rain off the rear of the vehicle. That's why the truck comes with a rear wiper. And as far as dust - I can offer the following picture as a vivid illustration. That is very fine, talcum powder-like dust covering the back of my Suburban. This was outside of Moab, UT. Simply tapping or blowing on the tailgate would knock some/most of it loose, but it was able to build up like that at speeds up to 40 MPH. And on the rear step on the bumper is about a half-inch. If there was any airflow whatsoever due to the spoiler, there would be no buildup, or at least much less.
Name:  DSC04553_zpsd85191c0.jpg
Views: 4202
Size:  152.4 KB

Last edited by intheburbs; July 31st, 2014 at 12:48 AM.
Old July 31st, 2014, 2:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

SabrToothSqrl, Its normal that somebody likes the spoiler, and somebody doesn't - we appreciate any feedback. Sure, 2015 model is different, but the tailgate seems to be the same, so this spoiler should fit for the Chevy Tahoe 2015.

73shark and intheburbs, thank you for your descriptive comments, we really appreciate it. And did you try to check how the spoiler will blow the dust on a higher speed?
However, cleaning purpose of spoiler is general, their main goal is to reduce turbulence, hence drag and add sporty look to your vehicle.
Old July 31st, 2014, 6:24 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SabrToothSqrl, Its normal that somebody likes the spoiler, and somebody doesn't - we appreciate any feedback. Sure, 2015 model is different, but the tailgate seems to be the same, so this spoiler should fit for the Chevy Tahoe 2015.

73shark and intheburbs, thank you for your descriptive comments, we really appreciate it. And did you try to check how the spoiler will blow the dust on a higher speed?
However, cleaning purpose of spoiler is general, their main goal is to reduce turbulence, hence drag and add sporty look to your vehicle.
So the tailgate "seems" to be the same so the spoiler "should" fit?? You're selling these things...shouldn't that be clear before someone buys the thing for a 2015 and unboxes it and then tries to test fit it.....only to be disappointed and then have to return it to you?

I've never had one of these spoilers in my hand but I can probably guarantee it's not going to fit a 2015 if it fits an 07-14.
Old July 31st, 2014, 9:29 PM
Administrator

I mentioned the lack of dust cleaning because you stated that that was the main purpose of the spoiler. And no it didn't do any better at highway speeds. Maybe some wind tunnel testing would show why.
Old August 3rd, 2014, 1:58 PM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by AZSCTACO
So the tailgate "seems" to be the same so the spoiler "should" fit?? You're selling these things...shouldn't that be clear before someone buys the thing for a 2015 and unboxes it and then tries to test fit it.....only to be disappointed and then have to return it to you?

I've never had one of these spoilers in my hand but I can probably guarantee it's not going to fit a 2015 if it fits an 07-14.

This about sums it up.
Old August 13th, 2014, 8:25 PM
CF Beginner

O.K. we have determined that contrary to Carid's claim that their spoiler will keep the tailgate and rear bumper clean we know from intheburbs that their spoiler didn't keep Moab Utah's dust off his Suburban. So what do you recommend. I have a mile and a half of dirt road to my house and the rear on my Suburban is almost always covered in dust (sand). Does someone make a true wind spoiler like the Lund Windjammer that has been discontinued.

Last edited by mcranch; August 13th, 2014 at 8:33 PM. Reason: Typo
Old August 14th, 2014, 8:15 PM
Administrator

Since there is such a negative pressure at the back of a vehicle, especially a square backed one (see NASCAR drafting), I doubt any spoiler would keep the dust off.

Should be easy enuf to prove w/ access to a wind tunnel.

Quick Reply: Custom Style Rear Spoiler for Chevy Tahoe 2007-2015