Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2003 Chevy Sub Instr gages to left, but all service lights on radio works

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2015, 8:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Chevy Sub Instr gages to left, but all service lights on radio works

Hello all,
I have a 2003 Chevy Sub 1500 and lately our instrument dash has been not working. No RPM, Speedometer, Gas, Oil activity, but all lights are on check engine, ABS, etc.. Now the kicker is that the suburban starts, the blowers work, radio works and only the back windows go up and down. I have searched online for fixes but have not had any luck. I do know that GM has had issues on clusters before but not sure if it is the cluster, ECM, Instrument panel itself or what. Battery test good, not grounded wires and it does not happen all the time. Just yesterday, I unhooked the battery, left it overnight and plugged it back in and worked great until later in the evening. The panel shut down as my wife was driving home after football game. Headlights worked, radio worked and sub ran, but no windows at all worked and gages were all the way to the left. Anyone have any idea on what I can do to fix this? Thank you,
chris