dashboard display lights are out - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

dashboard display lights are out

CF Beginner

Westfield Massachusetts

July 8th, 2011, 4:00 PM   #1  
dashboard display lights are out

The display on the dash of my 2007 Suburban LT that shows milages and other computer readout information has gone blank. Even the display showing what gear you are in.I get a very faint read out there but I think that is coming from the lights in the odometer.I have checked fuses, but am really not sure what fuse this particular cluster is connected to. All other lights in car are fine.

CF Addict

July 8th, 2011, 6:00 PM   #2  
Posted By: sandj The display on the dash of my 2007 Suburban LT that shows milages and other computer readout information has gone blank. Even the display showing what gear you are in.I get a very faint read out there but I think that is coming from the lights in the odometer.I have checked fuses, but am really not sure what fuse this particular cluster is connected to. All other lights in car are fine.
Probably the pcb.

CF Veteran

July 8th, 2011, 6:29 PM   #3  
The I/P cluster is powered by 10A IPC fuse and 10A AUX HVAC-IGN fuse, both in the underhood fuse block. The problem is, if you do find a blown fuse, you then have to find out how it happened.

Administrator

Austin, Texas

July 9th, 2011, 10:12 AM   #4  
sandj, have you added any accessories or modified any wiring under the dash or had any work done like a aftermarket alarm? if so that may be a good place to look for any pinched, cut or nicked wires if it does turn out to be the fuses EinST pointed you to...

CF Beginner

Westfield Massachusetts

July 9th, 2011, 7:58 PM   #5  
Ok Fella's, I've checked all the fuses under the hood..they're all fine. Is there a switch behind the four buttons on the dash that could be bad? I'm the second owner on this vehicle but I do know the stereo and dvd player are after market, my left speaker goes on and off at random times as well. Thanks for all the input, I'd love to fix this myself!

CF Veteran

July 9th, 2011, 9:06 PM   #6  
Uh oh, with an aftermarket stereo, I wouldn't know where to start. It's probably a rat's nest behind the head unit.

CF Beginner

Westfield Massachusetts

July 10th, 2011, 8:39 AM   #7  
Thanks for your help guys. I just found the October '10 thread about this and will remove the cluster and send it to that guy in Ok. Sorry I didn't see that discussion before! It was extremely helpful. Wish me luck!

CF Beginner

October 8th, 2012, 3:51 PM   #8  
I am having the same problem with my 2007 Suburban. Everything works fine but there are no lights on the dashboard. I can't even see the mileage and the gear indicator light is out. I tried to find the thread you mentioned in October of 2010 but I am not having any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Administrator

Austin, Texas

October 8th, 2012, 5:00 PM   #9  
Have you check the fuses? Tried reseating the IP cluster connectors?
I suspect the thread mention is this one ---> http://chevroletforum.com/forum/taho...cluster-36889/

Official GM Rep

Global Headquarters in Detroit, MI

October 9th, 2012, 2:29 PM   #10  
Posted By: john.morris I am having the same problem with my 2007 Suburban. Everything works fine but there are no lights on the dashboard. I can't even see the mileage and the gear indicator light is out. I tried to find the thread you mentioned in October of 2010 but I am not having any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> john.morris,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Suburban vehicle. Have you had the vehicle inspected for this issue?

The IP may need to be replaced and/or reprogrammed. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. I encourage you to consult with a certified technician for an official diagnosis.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors