Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

DL3 Power Folding Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2006, 10:16 PM
EPJ
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DL3 Power Folding Mirrors

Looking for a set of power folding mirrors for my 07 Tahoe. Has anyone done this upgrade? I wish I would have got that option and the Nav/DVD system when we bought the Vehicle. Thanks in advance!!!!!!!
Old November 1st, 2006, 11:31 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: DL3 Power Folding Mirrors

+1. I have been looking for this option as well. Is there an OEM option?
Old November 2nd, 2006, 12:38 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

As far as I could tell, it wasn't an option but standard on the LT3 & LTZ.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 11:29 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want the camper mirrors and have the folding jobs, If any of you want to work something out I'd be interested!!

Jason
Old November 12th, 2006, 8:18 PM
CF Active Member

EPJ or anyone else do this yet??
Old November 12th, 2006, 8:51 PM
EPJ
CF Junior Member

Nope! only found one DL3 mirror on e-bay did noy bid on it, need switches maybe some wiring and a Computer flash.
Old November 14th, 2006, 6:28 AM
CF Beginner

This was the first upgrade I did on my Tahoe. First I ordered the mirrors and the drivers door switch from the dealer. Since the mirrors come from the factory, non painted, I took the painted covers from my old mirrors and put them on the new ones. I had make the opening bigger on the woodgrain piece on the drivers door switch to take the additional mirror folding switch. I then had a friend who works at a dealer to try to program the mirrors via the Tech II, but he was unable to do it due to the options being locked. ( I'm not sure if he was programming them right )After about 2 hours, the only way I got them to work was to go to another Tahoe with a LT3 package switch out the new drivers switch and my original passenger door switches with the switches off of the truck with the LT3 package.(the LT3 and the LT2 have the same passenger door switch) . After the swap,the mirrors worked on my truck but not on the other LT3. We reprogrammed the switches on the LT3 truck and they worked. Let me know if you need the part numbers for the 3 parts. Hopefully someone on this forum will be able to assist you in finding out the right way to program the mirrors without having to take parts from another vehicle.
Old November 14th, 2006, 10:56 AM
EPJ
CF Junior Member

Thanks alot, yes I would like the #s Hopefully We can make it A little less painful with a little more info. Do you have full function of the mirrors, Led Blinkers Puddle lamps? My Wife parks the "Ho" in the garage with 8 ft. doors and has to power down the window and fold in the mirror. She would really like the convienence of power folding
Old November 15th, 2006, 2:29 AM
CF Beginner

Here are the part numbers with list prices....

15882682 Mirror $290.54
15882683 Mirror $208.25
15093440 Switch $129.15

When you take out your drivers switch, you have to remove the wood trim piece by removing the torq screws (4-5) and then you have to take a knife and create the opening for the bigger switch. It only took about 5 minutes....

I have full functionality of the park assist, puddle lamps on unlock, signal mirrors and the folding feature. The folding feature was the reason I changed my mirrors in the first place. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

James
Old November 15th, 2006, 12:19 PM
EPJ
CF Junior Member

I think I am gonna go for it How about the Programming? ZX are you out there?

Quick Reply: DL3 Power Folding Mirrors