Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Power locks not working

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2014, 3:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power locks not working

I have a 1997 Tahoe and my power locks are not working. I have tried to replace fuse 13 as that is the the fuse that controls the locks but as soon as I put the new fuse in it blows. I do not know what to do from here. I am not a mechanic nor am I an electrician but I am willing to try anything cheep. Thanks for your time and help!
Old March 9th, 2014, 4:35 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
Troubleshooting is free if you do it yourself, however it will require removing door panels and using a multi-meter or DVM...
But before doing anything other then opening the doors the easiest thing to check is the wires that pass through the body to the doors at the hinge location... check for any pinched, cut or shorted wires...try the fuse with all the doors opened...

The next place to check would be the door lock switches, I would suggest the drivers side first, pull the switch and disconnect it, see if the fuse still blows...