Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:23 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Dome light help....Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2011, 4:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dome light help....Please!!!

I have a 2007 Suburban Z71 that I just purchased. Today while driving the dome/interior light came on and now it won't go off. It stays on when I am driving or parked with vehicle locked. The dome light over-ride button won't turn them off. If I turn the dimmer **** all the way to the right it turn on the other interior lights in the vehicle, otherwise it does nothing. I don't think it's a door pin issue because the DIC doesn't show a door open unless I physically open a door. I have disconnected the battery to see if it would reset anything but no luck. Anybody got any ideas????
Old May 20th, 2011, 5:32 PM
CF Beginner

Well, here's an update. I found that there are two fuses that control the interior lighting. One is for the dome lights that come on when you open the door. The other is for the "map" or courtsey lights that you push the button to turn on. I removed the fuse for the "map/courtsey" light fuse and now the lights dim out when I close the door and come on when I open the door as they should. The issue I have now is since I removed the map/courtsey light fuse they don't turn on when the button is pushed, of course. This leads me to believe it is not a door/dome light issue but an issue with the map/courtsey lights coming on and staying on. Any ideas? Will someone post something so I don't feel like I'm talking to my self here????
Old May 20th, 2011, 6:35 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Hummm... maybe check all the interior bulbs for one burnt out?
Old May 21st, 2011, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

Sweet.....52 views and only 2 responses, and one of them is mine. Really???? Nobody has any idea that might help me......... Ugh!!!!
Old May 21st, 2011, 8:52 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

That about sums it up. Could be a bad switch that failed closed.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 12:24 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok you just have to give it some time for more responses since it has only been a few hours since you first posted the question
now it really looks like a bad switch, which one I don't know but wait a minute you just got the truck, the question is did the previous owner do some mods on it? aftermarket radio? amp? alarm system? how long since you got it? is the previous owner still around? I'm sure there's a trick to it but not a word about it at time of sale
now did you search for info and found nothing?
I posted a question too and it took several days for a reply
after all you can live with out those lights for many months (I barely use them) so what's the big deal?
so in conclusion tell us all the story about it, this is a forum, not the magic mirror or a crystal ball!!!
Old May 22nd, 2011, 12:41 AM
Administrator

I think his problem is that the lites won't go out.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Lights are BCM controlled. Might try a reboot, disconnect the battery for several minutes ..
Old May 22nd, 2011, 3:54 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by QUETRANPA
ok you just have to give it some time for more responses since it has only been a few hours since you first posted the question 26 hrs after I posted and 52 views. Just looking for I deas.
now it really looks like a bad switch, which one I don't know but wait a minute you just got the truck, the question is did the previous owner do some mods on it? aftermarket radio? amp? alarm system? No aftermarket anything. how long since you got it? Had it a month. is the previous owner still around? Don't know previous owner, bought at dealer several states away and dealer couldn't give me much info. I'm sure there's a trick to it but not a word about it at time of sale
now did you search for info and found nothing? I searched this forum and as much as I could on the web....could not find anyone with similar problem.
I posted a question too and it took several days for a reply
after all you can live with out those lights for many months (I barely use them) so what's the big deal? The big deal is that it is a newer beautiful truck and I like my stuff to work right, apparently you don't. Also I had to pull a fuse to get the lights to shut off. I found that the fuse also turns the instrument pannel lights off so now I can't seem my speedo or guages at night, so kind of a big deal.
so in conclusion tell us all the story about it, this is a forum, not the magic mirror or a crystal ball!!!
I'm not a dummy....I am frustrated and looking for a little help. I appologize if I sounded like this was a "magic mirror or crystal ball" but I belong to a forum for my Harley and am use to getting some quick help. I thought there might be some here and there does appear to be some post here with stuff I can try like froom in2pro. Now, knowing "the story" are you able to provide any intelligent help or did you just post up to tell me that I didn't provide enough info and that I need to be patient?????? Are you a keyboard comando???
Old May 22nd, 2011, 5:21 PM
Administrator

My experience on lots of different forums has been that when someone comes on the first time and is critical cuz no one provided any answers within 24 hours usually gets flamed. Can't speak to the Harley forum. Sorry we didn't meet ur expectations.

Since this is the first time I've heard of this problem w/ the NBS, wasn't surprised that there wasn't much response. BTW, did you search the forum?

Quick Reply: Dome light help....Please!!!