Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

22 Tahoe USB Audio Issues

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2022, 6:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 22 Tahoe USB Audio Issues

I bought a '22 Tahoe Z71 last weekend, upgrading from a '17 Impala, but the USB audio system on the Impala worked a lot better. I'm trying to play from a USB drive with around 32GB/4000 songs in .mp3 format. I'm having these issues:

1. I'm not able to scroll more than 20 or so songs through the list. I've read this one is not fixable.

2. Even when parked, I can't find how to click a letter to get to the middle of the list of songs. I have to scroll forever to reach anything.

3. My playlist files are recognized, but when I open them they are all empty. They are .m3u format.

4. I've added album art to all of my songs, but only about 50% of the artwork shows up. Is there a required filetype or required dimensions for the artwork? All of my art showed up on the Impala system.

5. The system will not recognize two songs with the same title, even if the filenames are different and the artist tags are different. Example - Fleetwood Mac - Dreams and The Cranberries - Dreams cannot be on the same flash drive. It will only find one of them, and in some cases it will display the info for one while playing the audio for the other.

Any ideas on any of these issues? I considered switching to using my phone, but my phone doesn't have the capacity to hold all of my music, and I really don't want to use iTunes to manage it. They still make iPods, but they are $300 vs a $10 flash drive, and I don't think they can be stored in a vehicle without damage from temperature.