Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Driver Side window not working properly...

Search this Thread

Old August 4th, 2007, 11:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Side window not working properly...

Hello,

I have a 99 Tahoe and am having issues with the driver side window. It started with the window getting caught, or wedged on the way up. I could pull back on the window and then roll it up until it was wedged again until it reached the top. Not really a big deal atleast I could get it up and down.

Nowit is stuck in the up position. I have thedoor panel off and have inspected the arms, track etc. There was one instance when the windowstarted working again. I tried not to roll it all of the way up howeverout of habit I put it all the way up so now Im back in this position again. I plan on selling it soon and I definately want to get this fixed so I can buy a newer Tahoe...Z71 of course!

If anyonehas hada similar problem or would have a clue as to whatis wrong with it anyhelp would be awesome!!!

Thanks!

John
Old August 4th, 2007, 1:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Driver Side window not working properly...

I have a 2001 Tahoe and had two window motors go bad. First the driver side (most often used) and now the passenger side. Seems to be a known problem, as the GM tech who did the repair seemed to indicate he replaces the motors all the time.

The symptom was the window would jam down, or up. Made asound like the motor windings were all mangled. Not sure if 1999 had the same issue. I didn't have the problem in my 1999 Suburban, but thenI only kept it 2 years.
Old November 25th, 2007, 8:35 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Driver Side window not working properly...

I have a 99 tahoe 4x4 that does the same thing. I took it to the dealer when it was stuck in the up position and aside from being stuck they found no problem with any of the parts. Needless to say they were very confused. The only thing I found is that the outside temp fluctuating causes it to act up. For example- It might be 70 in the morning and by afternoon (90 degrees) it gets stuck up. Or vice versa.