Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Drivers Seat removal 2007-2014

Search this Thread

Old September 18th, 2015, 2:37 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Drivers Seat removal 2007-2014

I have the 6 way adjustable driver's seat that I have just the way I like it but for some reason the working folk at the carwash and oil change place just love to move my seat around..
Well I can't prove it but seems the last time I had my truck at the carwash place they moved the seat way back and down... I'm wondering if maybe the guy doing the vacuuming had the hose hang on the button that lowers the rear back side of the driver's seat because it was jammed hard and would not move back up. It took me a while to discover it because I've just gotten used to my seat being jacked with and it takes a while to get it back where I like it.

I had to pull the seat out today and find out why it was stuck... turns out the gear to lift the back portion of the seat up was stripped of several plastic gear teeth.

Naturally you can't just get that gear part, you have the purchase the whole lower seat assembly for about $400.. nope, ain't gonna happen. I've manually adjusted that to what is comfortable to me and will tweak the seat to what I like and then unplug the motor connection * note you can unplug the motors but do so at the proper connection, otherwise if you unplug the seat module and you may get Service lights come on....

Anyway, it's not just a quick 3/4 in drive socket anymore, you have to have a GM specialty seat rail socket aka V620 socket to remove the front 2 specialty nuts and the nut holding the seatbelt to the seat itself to fully remove the seat from the vehicle.
*you might be able to use a Torx bit but it will have to be a deep well one to throat the floor pan bolt, mine would not work and you ain't gonna drill out the tool steel socket with your Dewalt... I tried.

You will need a Torx E14 for the rear bolts.
You will need to pop out a couple of plastic beauty covers to access the bolts so hopefully if you are doing this you have access to the front to back seat controls as the seat will need to be moved back and forward to access them easily.
The 2 inner front and rear rail beauty covers have press on "speed nuts" in them that may or may not come off with the cover, they can be reused if they pull out just be careful not to tear them up removing them from the bolt head.

Tools needed:
Small flat blade screw driver to pop out beauty access covers
V620 specialty socket for front rail nuts
Torx E14 for rear rail bolts
Needle nose pliers for speed nuts if they come out.

Sorry I didn't get a few pictures of the disassembled gearbox as the moment was a profanity laced tirade of sticky grease and broken plastic gear pieces, however I will give kudo's to the engineer who designed the motor assembly, it simply clips into place and the motors drive flexible steel cables that are square on both ends to simple slide into the gearbox and motor housing..(think the drive cable in your gas weed eater) brilliant serviceability design, however they made no such effort on the actual gear housing/drive assemblies...
Attached Thumbnails Drivers Seat removal 2007-2014-seat-removal.jpg   Drivers Seat removal 2007-2014-v620-socket.jpg   Drivers Seat removal 2007-2014-e14-torx-socket.jpg   Drivers Seat removal 2007-2014-driver-underside.jpg   Drivers Seat removal 2007-2014-20150918_135149.jpg  

Old September 30th, 2015, 11:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tightened mine down with a 15mm socket on an extension and handle. Problem I have now is company that installed the carpet lost one. Dealer gets $18 for that funny looking nut and they are all on back order.
Old September 30th, 2015, 12:52 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default nice

spiffy, but can't you just press the button to return your seat to it's correct position? You can set 1 and 2...
Old September 30th, 2015, 3:07 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

My 07 does not have the driver programmable seats
Old October 1st, 2015, 12:30 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default seats

Ahh... My bad I thought that was common across all of them.
Old June 17th, 2017, 11:54 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats the price of seat? who is the seller