Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Dual Climate Control / AC Control Problems

Search this Thread

Old June 1st, 2007, 11:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Climate Control / AC Control Problems

Problem:
To clarify my '07Tahoe has the Dual Automatic Cimate Control System.
Warm/hot air blows out the drivers side vents when it shouldn't. For example, if the Drivers side is set to 65º and the Passenger side is set to 72º, the air coming out the Driver's side is warm or hot while the Passenger side vent is cold! Even if I turn off the Passenger side controls, the air coming out the Driver's side is still much warmer.

Cause (as indicated on my invoice from the dealership):
Inspect harness per bulletin, re route harness off dash bracket rear of radio, clear code recalibrate acutators.

Well, guess what? Their "solution” didn't work. It's even worse now. Only hot air blows out of the Driver side vents. Since I picked it up after 5:30pm on a Friday, the Service Dept was closed. I spoke to one of the Managers and he was scratching his head because he didn't know what the problem was.

So, has anyone else experienced this issue? Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Old June 5th, 2007, 10:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Dual Climate Control / AC Control Problems

Follow up: Problem found.

"Control Command Circuit Open at times, replace Control" as per description from dealership.
Old April 9th, 2013, 8:59 AM
CF Beginner

Ya know, I have that same problem in my 04 Burban. So it is the control module? That'd be awesome. It comes out like nothing, and would be only about $170 dollars to replace myself
Old February 18th, 2020, 12:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2003 silverado LS 5.3 climate control

I have a 2003Silverado and when the digital climatecontrol reads 90 degrees it is blowing hot air like it is supposed to, but when it reads 89 degrees or anything less is blows cold air like it is set at 60. Is there some kind of sensor that is bad? Any info is appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
Ryan Bice (November 17th, 2020)
Old September 3rd, 2020, 7:05 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2005 Suburban climate control

My 2005 Suburban with digital dual climate control has the same problem, where it blows hot air only when set at 90 and cool air when set at 89 or lower. Did anyone find the solution to this?

Originally Posted by Dick Grubbs
I have a 2003Silverado and when the digital climatecontrol reads 90 degrees it is blowing hot air like it is supposed to, but when it reads 89 degrees or anything less is blows cold air like it is set at 60. Is there some kind of sensor that is bad? Any info is appreciated.
Old November 17th, 2020, 7:40 AM
CF Beginner

Default Climate control

Originally Posted by Dick Grubbs
mine is doing the same thing did you have any luck with yours?
Old June 17th, 2021, 9:18 PM
CF Beginner

Hello. This is my first post. I have a 2003 Suburban with a/c issues.
A new compressor, dryer, orifice filter, pumped down, charged (will oil and sealer) new actuator blend door replaced and no cold a/c in front. Rear has nice cold air. I can't find the cabin filter. It is not under the glovebox. I've done looked at everything down there. Suggestions on what to do next?
Old June 18th, 2021, 8:44 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

Is the new actuator actually working? They need to communicate with the computer.
ccmankin (June 19th, 2021)
Old June 18th, 2021, 9:59 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by ccmankin
Hello. This is my first post. I have a 2003 Suburban with a/c issues.
A new compressor, dryer, orifice filter, pumped down, charged (will oil and sealer) new actuator blend door replaced and no cold a/c in front. Rear has nice cold air. I can't find the cabin filter. It is not under the glovebox. I've done looked at everything down there. Suggestions on what to do next?
Those filters are not there from the factory. My '11 didn't have one but I found a retro fit kit to put in it on Rock Auto. Not sure on a '03 but check RA.
On my '11 there is a cut out spot in the housing for one and the kit supplied a cover to cover the cut out spot.
ccmankin (June 19th, 2021)
Old June 19th, 2021, 6:36 PM
CF Beginner

It's a new one, so it should be working. My husband and I've worked on cars for over 30+ years and this one has me stumped. I can't figure it out. It's probably something so simple that we are making it hard lol

Quick Reply: Dual Climate Control / AC Control Problems