Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

duel batteries on 07 tahoe

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2016, 12:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default duel batteries on 07 tahoe

so I recently bought a new battery for my 07 Tahoe one of the optima gel cells because that was the only one with the correct cold cranking amps and top post's but now when going down the highway or even when the truck is idling the headlights and the counsel lights pulse. it does look like there is a blank spot under the hood on the right side of the engine compartment that looks like it could be a battery stall. my question is, is it and do I need to buy another optima of the same kind or can I get you standard run of the mill lead battery? as always thanks for any help guys.
Old February 7th, 2016, 4:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Though there are exceptions, it's best to get matching Batteries when using them as Supplemental (cranking). If Auxiliary use is intended, then not so important, or you may choose to use a Deep Cycle.
Old February 7th, 2016, 10:34 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

The type of battery shouldn't cause your lights to flicker. I'd check your connections, make sure everything's tight.

Yes, the area in the front driver's side of the engine bay is for a second battery. It's used for diesels and for police Tahoes. Here's a good thread with a "how to" using factory/GM parts. I did this for both of my trucks.

Dual battery TP2 install