Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

DVD front view override

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2007, 5:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DVD front view override

I can watch a DVD on the front navigation screen while in park; but as you know, the screen prevents viewing during driving. Does anyone know how to override this?
Old August 7th, 2007, 5:44 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DVD front view override

you can use a gm lock pick. if you do a search in this forum u can find more info on it.
Old August 8th, 2007, 3:54 AM
CF Junior Member

Why the hell are you trying to watch DVDs while driving? Don't you think driving is more important than watching Sex and The City? Get a grip! I hope you get a fat ticket, or lose your license before you hurt somebody. And learn to put your makeup on BEFORE you leave the house.

A good friend of mine was killed by an idiot who's makeup was more important than the fact that she was operating several thousand pounds of machinery; and incidentally, more important than another person's life. How about you focus on driving, and save the movies for home?
Old August 8th, 2007, 7:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow.... What a response. Although I can sympathize with your comments, this is more of an informational forum. Bashing other members shouldn't be a priority fora reply to a question. Maybe Tahoechick was asking for her passenger that rides with her and not herself???????

Anyways

This topic has been discussed many O' times before tahoechick brought it up, and the same response has been the GM lock pick.
It will do alot more than just unlock the DVD controls. It will allow for NAV changes, XM channel selections while driving as well all allow for multiple video imputs, and bluetooth handsfree. It's a great device and have hte new GMX320 on order for the above reasons, along with a camera used to view my children in the back seat.
The following 2 users liked this post by omnicube:
sean hill (August 15th, 2019), ypbrady (February 16th, 2024)
Old August 8th, 2007, 12:10 PM
CF Beginner

WOW! You are harsh. Maybe you shouldn't judge...because I am asking for my passengers to be able to view the DVD, DUH........Keep your personal feelings to yourself. This has nothing to do with applying makeup.
I appreciate help from others in defending my question.
The following users liked this post:
ypbrady (February 16th, 2024)
Old August 8th, 2007, 2:55 PM
CF Active Member

Default here is the website for your solution

http://www.coastaletech.com/GMLOCKPICK.htm
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DVD-N...spagenameZWDVW
i thimk they are both the same.
Old August 8th, 2007, 3:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: here is the website for your solution

I need to ask a stupid question: Are these lockpicks only needed for vehicles withNAV units? I just ordered a 2008 LT3, which comes standard with the 6CD unit and XM. I assume I will be able to change XM stations while driving?
Old August 8th, 2007, 4:02 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: here is the website for your solution

Yes, the lockpicks are for NAV and NAV w/DVD head units only. They won't do anything for standard setups.
Old August 8th, 2007, 6:52 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: tahoechick

WOW! You are harsh. Maybe you shouldn't judge...because I am asking for my passengers to be able to view the DVD, DUH........Keep your personal feelings to yourself. This has nothing to do with applying makeup.
I appreciate help from others in defending my question.
You're right, that was harsh. I was still in attack mode from a previous post, and I came off as pretty harsh. But it's one of my biggest pet peaves when people are more interested in what they'd rather be doing, than what they're actually doing while driving. But the way you worded it was "I can watch dvds in park [but not in drive]" implying that the problem was that YOU couldn't watch DVDs while driving. Sorry I came off the way I did. But there's a reason the law says you can't have DVDs playing in the front seat while driving. Even if you aren't "Watching it" it can still be a huge distraction. If somebody wants to watch movies, can't they just sit in the back seat?
Old August 8th, 2007, 7:39 PM
CF Beginner

Didn't know I was being graded for my choice of words. Of course I am completely careful when driving. Do you think I want anything to happen to my new LTZ?????? On a recent trip all seats were filled with people and luggage so the front passenger seat was left to me or my husband. We just wanted to watch the video like everyone else since there were no other seats available. Also, we found it annoying that the passenger couldn't enter destination addresses or change the screen brightness while in motion. I knew there was a way to override this and just wanted tofind out. Maybe GM should have installed something that allows these options to be used as long as there is someone in the passenger seat. If the passenger airbagis turnedon and off depending on weight in the seat maybe these functions can work like that too. Thanks for the responses.

Quick Reply: DVD front view override