Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Experiences upgrading LS/LT to LTZ handles/mirror/trim/wheels?

Search this Thread

Old March 30th, 2015, 1:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Experiences upgrading LS/LT to LTZ handles/mirror/trim/wheels?

Hey guys. New to the forum. Just picked up a 2013 Suburban LT and am looking to upgrade the exterior chrome trim pieces and wheels to the LTZ look.

I attempted searching and I'm sure this has been discussed here but didn't have much luck finding anything comprehensive.

For the chrome grill/mirror/door handles I have found some ebay parts but not sure how reliable they are or if theres a better option?

1. Mirrors
Appear to just be stick on with 3M tape. Is this my only option?
For 07 13 Chevy Silverado Sierra Tahoe Suburban Chrome Upper Half Mirror Covers | eBay

2. Door handles
Also appear to be a stick on handle. Is this my only option?
07 13 Chevy Silverado Tahoe Chrome Triple Plated 4 Door Handle No PSG KH Cover | eBay

3. Wheels
I see replica wheels available which appear to be pretty damn close. Are these reliable presuming they are balanced well etc? I've heard these often chip and show corrosion in the polished finish?
New Chevy Silverado Tahoe Suburban Avalanche LTZ 20" Chrome Wheels Rims FreeShip | eBay

4. Grill
Coming across snap on grills on ebay. Would prefer a replacement. Is this a reasonable alternative?
Chrome LTZ Style Grill Grille Insert Overlay for 2007 2014 Chevy Suburban Tahoe | eBay

5. Side Trim
Have same concerns with using a piece of tape. Curious on reliability.
2010 2014 Chevy Avalanche Suburban Yukon XL Top 1" Body Side Molding Overlay | eBay

Any help on the subject is appreciated. Not sure how stock LTZ features come (if stick on or new part, etc).

Thanks!

Last edited by mag274; March 30th, 2015 at 2:01 PM.