Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

a few suburban questions 87-91

Search this Thread

Old September 23rd, 2016, 11:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a few suburban questions 87-91

hi there! ive been increasingly interested in acquiring an old rounded lines suburban since we have a medium size and growing family and ford never saw fit to give us a 4 door bronco. im primarily looking at the 87-91 models because i enjoy the exterior and interior styling with the benefits of TBI and 700r4 OD tranny. this would be a daily driver and family hauler eventually becoming a family wheeler/mud truck. first is the engines, im more familiar with ford, how do the carb and tbi versions compare? which one moves the burb a little quicker? im familar with TBi 350 in a reg cab 2wd half ton and it really scooted...how does it do in the big ol burb? how do they compare in reliability (relative) fuel economy etc? i see some with front bucket seats and im curious can the buckets be swapped out with a bench seat? id rather have bench/split bench in place of the buckets. is this a bolt in affair and if not how complicated is it? bonus question question what is the max tire size i can fit on a 1500 and 2500 model? sorry if all these seem to be very novice questions but im traditionally a ford guy(and still am in a lot of ways) i appreciate any insight yall might have ! thanks much!