Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Front A/C warm back A/C cold

Search this Thread

Old July 20th, 2014, 1:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone ever came up with the correct answer? I have a 2001 suburban 1500 with the same problem front Hot back Ice cold... Pulled cabin filter and replaced with brand new, Checked blender motor above the transmission hump and its working... Is there a other damper AKA blender motor?
Thanks folks.. It has been going on and off for 2 years now driving me nuts...
Old July 20th, 2014, 2:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2001 chevy suburban 1500

Ok i replaced the blending damper and it is working, I am still getting a bunch of hot air coming into the compartment. I removed the air filter cover and i,m blowing in a bunch of Hot air, I,m looking for the fresh air intake damper, That is where i think our problem is... Any input in locating this actuator is appreciated,,,
Old July 22nd, 2014, 8:06 PM
CF Beginner

Ok guys **** this group i did my research and here it is... Your low side needs to be between 47 and 50 psi if its lower than 45 at 1,800 rpm you will not get any cooling to the front.... I,m guessing its a **** poor design of the liquid flowing through the metering device.. Hope this helps.... I tore the **** out of my truck dont waste your time check your pressures first and replace your factory shraider valves so you wont leak.. Also these **** poor compressors do tend to leak, Just buy a new one on ebay for 156 bux it comes with the filter and orifice...Hope this helps.. So step by step to rule out everything # 1 check for cabin filter and remove... #2 check to see if your evap coil is clean # 3 check to see if all your controls work #4 to be sure, disconnect heater hoses and put them together. #5 make sure you are at or between 47 and 50 psi at 1,800 rpm... Happy hunting...
Old July 23rd, 2014, 8:58 AM
CF Beginner

Just to let everyone know; after recharging with freon a second time in less than 2 months I ended up replacing the compressor, filter and orifice with genuine GM parts and I haven't had any issues since. Problem solved!
Old July 23rd, 2014, 4:44 PM
CF Active Member

I know this isn't ac related but i chased a mystery burst of hot air around my feet. Always during a turn and only while moving. Ended up being the rubber seal at the firewall around the steering column opening and closing as i turned the steering wheel. Popped it back in place and good to go.
Old July 31st, 2014, 3:08 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2005 Suburban

Disregard....sorry for thread-jacking...started new thread.

I've tried the HVAC fuse reset, taking apart the blend door actuator under the pass dash to clean out the contacts and still can't figure out why the front vents all blow warm. I don't hear any change when hitting the recirc button on the climate control so now I think maybe it's the recirc actuator but need to pull the dash apart to look at that.
Or maybe it may be low on freon? The lines under the hood get good and cold/sweaty so I feel like it should be a door issue.

Last edited by jolson; July 31st, 2014 at 3:45 PM. Reason: Started new thread
Old August 1st, 2014, 5:44 AM
CF Beginner

Default Check freon before u go nuts

Originally Posted by jolson
Disregard....sorry for thread-jacking...started new thread.

I've tried the HVAC fuse reset, taking apart the blend door actuator under the pass dash to clean out the contacts and still can't figure out why the front vents all blow warm. I don't hear any change when hitting the recirc button on the climate control so now I think maybe it's the recirc actuator but need to pull the dash apart to look at that.
Or maybe it may be low on freon? The lines under the hood get good and cold/sweaty so I feel like it should be a door issue.
My lines were cold and sweating as well, it just didnt have enough freon try adding more freon before you take your **** apart. My A/c is so cold i have to lower it..It freezes me out at 98 degrees outside with no tint... CHECK YOUR FREON!
Old August 1st, 2014, 9:17 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by zolkat
My lines were cold and sweating as well, it just didnt have enough freon try adding more freon before you take your **** apart. My A/c is so cold i have to lower it..It freezes me out at 98 degrees outside with no tint... CHECK YOUR FREON!
Thanks for the reply zolkat. I'll bring it in to check freon as I don't have the gauges to check the level.
Old August 11th, 2014, 1:56 PM
CF Beginner

Default hot the same thing 03 Tahoe.

Originally Posted by Stuart Wheeler
my tahoe rear ac blowing ice cold but front blows cool for a few min. then goes warm any one have this problem don t know where to start??

thank you, stuart
If it is like mime the max blend door actuatorhave went bad
Old August 11th, 2014, 2:02 PM
CF Beginner

Mine was 2/3 empty of freon. Blows cold as ice now.
At least I know now where all the actuators are as I had researched all of them and actually pulled the blend door actuator and cracked it open and cleaned the contacts.

Quick Reply: Front A/C warm back A/C cold