Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Fuel pressure Schrader valve location 95 suburban c1500

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2013, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pressure Schrader valve location 95 suburban c1500

I posted what's wrong with the car below.
I can't find or locate the fuel pressure Schrader valve for the car to do a pressure test to see if fuel is getting to the engine. The car cranks over and there is spark. Was instructed to start there I have. Manual but it Doesn't show the location or instructions. I looked at YouTube and the engines on their subs are the bigger ones with all the extra power doesn't look anything like mine. Help. Thnx

Suburban doesn't start. It has been sitting for the last 5 years wasn't sure what the problem was before it past sat my sister use to drive it. I know it had intermittent problems where It wouldn't start and would make a sound like it was trying to engage something and would make a metallic "ssshhhh" sound when you would turn the key in the ignition almost like a grinding. Sometimes it would start anyway one day it didn't start and my sister moved onto driving a honda after abusing this car.

Well the car has 80,000 original miles. It was usually driven around locally I changed out the battery, since it's been about 5-10 years since the old one was replaced and it cranks but now it doesn't even start. I did notice that there is a hose that goes from the water pump it that has a metallic hose coupler that was rusted through I am not too sure where that went possibly to the transmission or engine block the hose is no longer connected due to the rust on the bolt coupler that secures that hose to the water pump. I know the water pump needs to be replaced and I have to get a reading on the fuel pressure no fuel to the chambers there isn't going to be any combustion.