Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Fuel pump . fuel line quick connects

Search this Thread

Old January 28th, 2012, 12:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel pump . fuel line quick connects

Fuel line quick connect fittings

2001 Suburban 2500

I'm going to change out both my fuel pumps, I know the main tank pump is toast. So figured I would also replace the sender pump also. Both replacement pumps are new ACdelco.

My question is about these fuel line quick connects on my 2500 coming off the top of the pump(s) and the quick disconnects at the steel lines that connects to the nylon hose to the tanks I have not removed the tanks yet though .
So here are my questions

Do I need to buy new disconnects? Or do you reuse the plastic and plastic \steel quick disconnects.

Last question: I do have disconnect removal tool, but from what I was reading in the GM instructions that came with the pumps it says to turn the disconnects left and right and pull them apart. I never heard of quick disconnect like that. It don't make sense to me. I also seen no tabs on the sides of the disconnects like is say in the instructions. Are these just standard quick disconnects where you use the disconnect tool? From the disconnects. I can see it has some sort of ring around it. Does this get removed or is that some sort of retainer?

anyone know about these fuel line quick connects.

thanks.