Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Fuel Pump? Fuel Pressure Regulator? on a tahoe 07

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2010, 7:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Fuel Pump? Fuel Pressure Regulator? on a tahoe 07

I have a 2007 TAHOE and I never had any problems until Sunday. after Driving from San Antonio to Houston Tx I stopped for about two hour and when I tried to start it again is when the problem started.

When I turn the key to start the engine it won't come on until I turn the key On-OFF-On . when I turn the key on the engine turns but it wont start like there is no gas then I turn it off and back on then the engine starts. Friends tell that is the Fuel Pressure Regulator, other tell that it is the Fuel Filter but they also tell me that the new tahoes dont have Fuel regulator nor Filter.

Does anybody have any idea what can it be? What is the warranty on the fuel pump? PLEASE HELP

Last edited by solerano; August 3rd, 2010 at 8:38 PM.
Old August 5th, 2010, 8:34 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Your fuel system is covered by the 5 year 100,000 powertrain warranty, under normal circumstances. As to what could be the issue you would have to have a dealership diagnose the issue for you and with your coverage it should be at no cost to you. I hope this helps you. If you continue to have issues you can direct message me.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old August 5th, 2010, 12:05 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for your information Jeff. I hope I get a good customer service at my local dealer

Last edited by solerano; August 5th, 2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old August 5th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

solerano: Welcome to the forum.

Don't hesitate to discuss your issue with the service manager if you're not getting good service.
Old August 5th, 2010, 3:59 PM
Official GM Rep

You're welcome solerano. Like I said if you experience any more issues with your vehicle or have any questions you can direct message me.

Old August 5th, 2010, 4:33 PM
CF Beginner

Jeff,
I was reading and I found out that the in tank fuel pump is part of the exclusions of the warranty. See Below

<DT>Engine: 2010 Chevrolet vehicles</DT><DD>All internally lubricated parts, engine oil cooling hoses, lines and radiators. Also included are all actuators and electrical components internal to the engine (i.e., Active Fuel Management Valve Lifter Oil Manifold, etc.), cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer, engine mount, starter motor, turbocharger and supercharger. Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval. Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, coolant hoses, coolant and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded are the entire pressurized fuel system (in-tank fuel pump, pressure lines, fuel rail(s), regulator, injectors and return line) as well as the Engine/Powertrain Control Module and/or module programming.</DD>
What do you think??
Old August 7th, 2010, 11:14 AM
CF Beginner

Solerano,

I have the exact issue on my 05. Starts on the second try every time.

I have found that it's the fuel pressure regulator which is built into the fuel pump assembly. The pump, the regulator, and the filter are all housed in one assembly.

The best price I have found on it is as www.rockauto.com, and my vehicle is obviously out of warranty. I have yet to take on the repair, as the vehicle is relatively new to me. I actually just joined up on the site to start looking into it here, and voila it's a similar issue to a page 1 thread. LOL.

Good luck with your repair.
Old August 8th, 2010, 4:23 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

From GM part direct... $223.89 isn't too bad...

fuel pump, tahoe, yukon, escalade, 5.3l, w/flex fuel
2007 suggested $430.56 GM parts direct $223.89
Fuel system - Fuel supply - Fuel pump
Old August 9th, 2010, 8:21 AM
Official GM Rep

I apologize but the resources that I have show this information:

Engine Coverage Includes: All internally lubricated parts, the entire pressurized fuel system (in-tank fuel pump, pressure lines, fuel rail(s), regulator, injectors and return line). Also included are all actuators and electrical components internal to the engine (i.e.: Active Fuel Management Valve Lifter Oil Manifold, etc.) as well as the Engine/Powertrain Control Module, module programming, cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer, engine mount, starter motor, turbocharger and supercharger. Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval.

Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, coolant hoses, fans, coolant and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded are engine oil cooling hoses and radiators.

This is what I show in my resources. What you have found is from a document that cannot confirmed for authenticity. I hope this helps you.

Old August 9th, 2010, 8:43 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
From GM part direct... $223.89 isn't too bad...

fuel pump, tahoe, yukon, escalade, 5.3l, w/flex fuel
2007 suggested $430.56 GM parts direct $223.89
Fuel system - Fuel supply - Fuel pump

That does look like a good price! Thanks for the info!

It's 172.xx for the 2005 model.

Last edited by Fat Strat Mann; August 9th, 2010 at 8:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump? Fuel Pressure Regulator? on a tahoe 07