Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Gas pedal stuck on 05 Tahoe ??

Search this Thread

Old September 7th, 2007, 6:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas pedal stuck on 05 Tahoe ??

Hello, I have a 2005 Tahoe. Last week my wife said that the gas pedal stuck down and the car sped up. I told her not to drive it until I got home. I drove it when I got home but found nothing. I took it to my mechanic anyway the next morning and he found a spring near the gas pedal has become dislodged. One end of the spring is just a straight point and sometimes when he pressed the pedal, the pointy end would stick into the carpet causing the pedal to stay depressed. He showed it to me then re-attached it and it has been fine. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks, Larry
Old September 13th, 2007, 2:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gas pedal stuck on 05 Tahoe ??

Hello, I have a 2005 Tahoe. Last week my wife said that the gas pedal stuck down and the car sped up. I told her not to drive it until I got home. I drove it when I got home but found nothing. I took it to my mechanic anyway the next morning and he found a spring near the gas pedal has become dislodged. One end of the spring is just a straight point and sometimes when he pressed the pedal, the pointy end would stick into the carpet causing the pedal to stay depressed. He showed it to me then re-attached it and it has been fine. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks, Larry