Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

GEN5 Coastaletech Lockpick versus GMVIM NAVTV (Peripheral Electronics) lockpick?

Search this Thread

Old March 16th, 2009, 5:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GEN5 Coastaletech Lockpick versus GMVIM NAVTV (Peripheral Electronics) lockpick?

Does anyone have experience using either or both of these lockpicks? I am trying to to determine if one is better than the other. Besides the non-existent customer service from Coastaletech, I understand that the GEN5 or GMX322 is better than the NAVTV ones.

Also, does anyone have experience using the Blue Fussion Bluetooth module by Scosche with either lockpick?

Please give me your experience, pros and cons.

Thanks.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 12:43 AM
CF Junior Member

Not only does CoastalTech have no customer service, they sent me their product and it arrived broken in the box. So I shipped it back and I paid the shipping which was never credited.

When I plugged it in, it never worked.

I would say stay away from CoastalTech regardless of how many of their friends post that their product will do what it claims.

They SUCK!
Old March 23rd, 2009, 8:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just received the gmx-322 the other day,just trying to get the radio unlocked to add the back up camera.Will post some pics and info after the install. Hopefully going to go to the dealership some time this week. I hope we can get the cam option turned on this time,(thanks to the help of charlie) Then i'll try to install the unlock pro this weekend. I'll keep every one posted.
Old June 3rd, 2011, 8:37 AM
CF Beginner

how are these products working for you ? looking to add video in motion to my 08 escalade
Old June 3rd, 2011, 9:56 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this thread is over 2 years old - and you just responded to every thread on here about the same thing???
why dont you just buy one and tell US how it is instead of only asking the same question over and over and over and over
Old June 3rd, 2011, 11:57 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default hey!

I'm glad I was not the only one thinking that.

Yea, adding your question to over 6 threads with the same question just pisses us off. ... Which is why until now I just ignored it.
Old June 3rd, 2011, 2:37 PM
CF Beginner

hey sorry about that --- there was no discussion about these products in 2 yrs or so...wwhy is that ?
Old June 3rd, 2011, 2:38 PM
CF Beginner

good market research, i am not going to go out and buy something i have no clue about...these forums are suppose to help us learn about the products.... thanks for your help,
Old June 3rd, 2011, 2:43 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by nitiv
good market research, i am not going to go out and buy something i have no clue about...these forums are suppose to help us learn about the products.... thanks for your help,
Welcome to the forum..
Give it some time for others to read the post and the feed back will come in...

I agree don't bang every post as it sends up flags, looks like spam... I almost deleted you this morning
Old June 3rd, 2011, 2:50 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nitiv
That's not the point they are trying to make. But asking one question five different ways is not going to get you an answer any quicker. Make a new post, with your question, and I am sure you will get some responses. Be patient though, people have to actually read your post and respond to it. That can take some time.

I have heard all good things about coastal techs products. People that I have talked to that own a lockpick love it, and others swear they would not know what to do without it. For your information, I personally do not have a lockpick yet. I have ordered one and it is coming in next week. After I get it installed, and have checked it all out, I will be happy to provide you with my personal thoughts about the product.

If you have some extra money to spend I would suggest springing for the GMX550. That is the one that I purchased because it allows for more camera hookups and ipod integration.

Other then that, keep doing some research. The information you are looking for is out there! Try youtube for the "how to" videos, and post a new thread asking your questions.

Good luck!!

Quick Reply: GEN5 Coastaletech Lockpick versus GMVIM NAVTV (Peripheral Electronics) lockpick?