Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Heated Seats out - no clicking!

Search this Thread

Old February 27th, 2011, 11:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if this information would apply to a 2005 2500 crew cab? I am having the same problem with them both turning off, but sometimes they stay on longer than 30 seconds.
Old February 27th, 2011, 11:06 AM
CF Beginner

Forget my previous post I just reread the listing and see that it does include my truck. now I just have to understand all that I am reading!
Old January 13th, 2015, 7:51 AM
CF Beginner

Default Adjustable Pedal Position Sensor

Regarding the driver side seat heater not staying on, the recommendation is to unplug the adjustable pedal position sensor as it often is the problem. How do I reach the electrical connector? It is in a very difficult position. Do I need to remove the sensor to be able to reach the connector? How do I get the top screw out that holds it in place?
Old May 20th, 2022, 1:27 AM
CF Beginner

Default Its the control bus..

Il guess this issue is long time overdue.. but owning an 2003 Tahoe i was bound to stumble ower this problem sooner or later... the drivers seat heat in my car randomly goes on and off.. usually on right after starting the car.

After searching for a proper cirquitbraker to pull... or a relay.. in order to kill the heat, i gave up.. the CB for seat heat is the same as for ignition..
Got all all the wiring scematics for my car from ebay and had another go at it and it looks like this;

1) -you select heat on/off from the little control panel on the door.
2) -the signal goes to the door module.
3) -in the door module that signal/commando gets converted to bus data.
4) -the bus data arrives to the seat module and..
5) -get converted back to an electrical signal that powers the seat heat control relays.

Sooo.. since the seat heat comes on.. and goes off...the heaters actually works.. a dodgy and interrmittent seat control s a problem that is related to the data control signal. This signal is transmitted through a single wire and its inportant that the wire is ok and not damaged anywhere.. if its shorted anywhere to ground, the signal will go dead.

..with this information sorted out in my mind, i went for the source; the door module.

I removed it from the door panel, and after i finally managed to release all the plastic tabs at the same time, i got it apart. Inside there is a main cirquitboard full of components.. it was quite dirty so i cleaned it off with electronic oxide cleaner and a soft tooth brush, clensed it in destilled, clean water and dried it carefully with a hair dryer.
When i inspected it through a magnifying glass i could see that the tracers ( the little etched lines) on the cirquitboard was full of tiny corrosion spots.. what a bummer .. -there is really not much to do abbout that other that get a new door module..
BUT.. feeling lucky, after all, its cleaned now , i hoped that it was ok and for good measures sprayed a layer of ordinary clear coat on it for protection and assembled it all again...

Lo and behold -it worked like a charm ... for how long i have no idea though.
Old December 4th, 2022, 10:08 PM
CF Beginner

Good information mine only turns on the seat back when the door is closed or latched (confirmed with a scanner) same issues intermittent on and off I checked the door module its clean very bazar