Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Dash falling off of 98 Tahoe...

Search this Thread

Old September 18th, 2009, 12:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash falling off of 98 Tahoe...

I have a 98 2 door Chevy Tahoe sport. My left side front dash vibrates alot as if its going to fall off! The plastic is cracked where the three screws are on the dash. I have to push the front cover of the dash in every now and then and the dash just squeaks. Is there a bracket that holds it up? Or a bolt that came off/loose? Also when i push the dash up the cracks where the screws are line back up together. Any advice on how to fix this problem will help. Thanks
Old September 18th, 2009, 10:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey pcostalot19. Same truck here. They're great aren't they? I haven't had the same problem but might have a solution. Short of replacing the dash you can try and repair the cracks where the screws are.

If you have a plastics company by you (the kind that sell plexiglass and such) they sell adhesives that will repair the cracks. DON'T use your run of the mill epoxy. The plastic adhesives actually melt the 2 pieces together. The plastic company can tell you which glue to use. (usually by testing it in an unseen area) The adhesive is very watery and is usually applied with a needle like tube. Hope this helps. Good luck.