Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
View Poll Results: What the best SUV
Tahoe
100.00%
Yukon
0%
TB
0%
Other
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

help: Door lock problem

Old August 13th, 2009, 12:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry help: Door lock problem

Hi Gents,

I am a new member and it is a great forum for all Chevy enthusiasts.
<O
I have 2008 Tahoe LTZ, and I have a problem with the door lock.
When I press the remote to open the doors only the passenger side opens.
Before one month however,all the doors were opening except the rear behind the driver. Now it is worse only one door opens.
<O
What could be the problem?
<O
I appreciate any help

Last edited by TAHOE_KSA; August 13th, 2009 at 12:53 AM. Reason: formating error
Old August 13th, 2009, 5:29 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Had a similar problem and it was a small relay module on the fuse block on the firewall above your left foot.

Best bet is to take it to dealer service and have them fix it. It's still under warranty isn't it?
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:42 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks alot 73sharkfor the help and for welcoming me to this great forum.

However, it is a brand new car and I don't think it is the fuse block since the passenger door is working properly. I will take your advice and take it to the dealer since it is under warranty though dealing with the dealer where I live is quite awful.
Old August 16th, 2009, 4:41 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Go meet the service mgr and just explain to him that you'd like to use his dept but there are other options.

Let us know what they find.
Old August 20th, 2009, 3:38 AM
CF Beginner

Hi all,

Thanks 73shark for your advice.
I took it to the dealer service and guess what they told me? They said it is a plastic piece, part of the locking system inside the door panel, often breaks and they gave me an appointment next week and I will keep you posted.

The funny thing they said it is a common problem for all 2008 Tahoe and <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com</st1:State>Yukon</ST1. I wonder if that is the case with you guys? as I am not convinced by what he said.

Last edited by TAHOE_KSA; August 20th, 2009 at 3:40 AM. Reason: error
Old November 3rd, 2009, 7:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im having the exact same problem. my driver side door unlocks with the remote only about half the time. same with locking. Often, it helps if i lock, unlock, open the door, close the door and try to lock again. maybe it shakes that plastic thing into its correct position? or maybe its something else.

all of the other doors work as they should. just the driver door sticks sometimes. when i put it in park i have it set to unlock all the doors. all of them unlock EXCEPT the driver door about half the time. it sux.. WHY would they use plastic for essential high-activity, highly utilized pieces of mechanical equipment??!! why not something more dependable?

$62,000 for a tahoe and the thing is breaking like a Kia at 2yrs old. weak.. real weak chevy.. my 97 tahoe was tough as nails.. i could slam that thing into a brick wall and drive away in perfect mechanical condition.. this new LTZ is built like sh#@.. no wonder chevy is faultering as a company. i hope that the new GM (Government Motors) can get this company back on the right track toward building tough, quality trucks. not beautified $62,000 computerized pieces of sh$%! do we really need a computer to monitor every damn thing on the truck?
Old July 19th, 2010, 10:45 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2008 Tahoe with multiple door lock issues

called last week to schedule the recall for the heated washer system and inquired about my driver door lock mechanism not working. Only manual operation and yes my tahoe is out of warranty, but only 2 1/2 years old. Ironically my left passenger door now has the same issue as over the weekend it has failed. Looks like I will soon have all four doors malfunctioning and wanted any updates on the issue. I could care less about a problem with the windshield washer heating system versus having to crawl all through the vehicle to open the doors. Seriously? HAve a 2000 blazer that has been throught the war and it's door locks still work just fine. Please pass any info along if it's out there.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 8:49 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

derricl, I would like to direct message you about your issue. Thank you for you time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old July 25th, 2010, 11:14 AM
CF Beginner

derrilc- any more info?

Just wondering if anyone has an update on the door lock problem??? 03 Silverado rear doors wont unlock, "left rear door ajar" message in DIC, alarm goes of whenever it feels like it. Relays by the door post are good and seated. Do i just need to replace the door latch assemblies or can i just get the piece thats broken?? or what is really the problem??

if Chevy knows this is a common occurence then why don't they put it out here where owners can find the answers quickly and easily.
Old July 31st, 2010, 12:40 PM
CF Beginner

Any updates on this??? I have a 2008 LTZ and now 3 of my 4 doors locks do not work!!! GM is a damn joke not recalling for this problem...... Horrible customer service, I am sorry I did not buy foreign

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help: Door lock problem