Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
View Poll Results: What the best SUV
Tahoe
100.00%
Yukon
0%
TB
0%
Other
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

help: Door lock problem

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2013, 2:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Tahoe LT

I have a 2000 Tahoe with ~198K miles on it. All locks had worked fine until a few months ago. The only one working now is the drivers door, the other 4 (includes rear lift gate) need new actuators. Smells of recall issue with all of these posts. I could see one or two maybe going over time but 4 out of 5 at the same time??

Has anyone had any success with Chevy on this issue?

Thanks,
Bob
Old October 29th, 2013, 3:08 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by bkrueger50
I have a 2000 Tahoe with ~198K miles on it. All locks had worked fine until a few months ago. The only one working now is the drivers door, the other 4 (includes rear lift gate) need new actuators. Smells of recall issue with all of these posts. I could see one or two maybe going over time but 4 out of 5 at the same time??

Has anyone had any success with Chevy on this issue?

Thanks,
Bob
Welcome to the forum... 13 years of service I'd say you had a really good run and a consistent batch of door locks.... That's not a defect, that's the life span...
Old October 29th, 2013, 4:51 PM
CF Junior Member

I've looked online for my door actuators, as the key is extremely hard to turn and the inside door latch is also hard to push on all the doors.

I found some great prices for a set of four and a set of five door actuators for $100-$125. Do a Google search and also check out Ebay. Much better than the Auto store price of nearly $75 each.
Old June 6th, 2014, 1:33 PM
CF Beginner

Angry 2010 Tahoe- Door Lock Malfunction

My son has a 2010 Tahoe and is experiencing severe problems with the door locks.
Inside controls work only occasionally.
If left alone for several minutes, all 4 doors will automatically lock.
Sometimes you can open a door, shut it, and all doors will lock.
He does have Onstar, and they can unlock.

Any one else have similar problems?
Old June 7th, 2014, 8:28 AM
CF Beginner

Default ongoing issue

The thread you are on us replete with this issue. While I have had my share of door lock problems I decided to wait it out as I found it was somewhat weather dependent. Interestingly all my door locks have been working perfectly for over a year now. I did nothing but wait. Chevy has a real problem but isn't addressing it.

QUOTE=jvanlahr;277619]My son has a 2010 Tahoe and is experiencing severe problems with the door locks.
Inside controls work only occasionally.
If left alone for several minutes, all 4 doors will automatically lock.
Sometimes you can open a door, shut it, and all doors will lock.
He does have Onstar, and they can unlock.

Any one else have similar problems?[/QUOTE]
Old June 7th, 2014, 6:12 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi jvanlahr,

I’m sorry to hear of the difficulties that your son has been experiencing with the door locks of his Tahoe. Please feel free to have your son contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com regarding his concern. We will be glad to contact his dealership on his behalf in order for his concern to be properly diagnosed. If possible, please have him reference this thread in the email. We hope to hear from him soon!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old April 3rd, 2018, 10:05 PM
CF Beginner

Hi All,
i have an issue driver door didn't unlock or lock even the glass still down remote control not working FOG light not working HI light not working DMM light not working.

I have checked the fues it seems to be fine i used light tester some of the fuses give a negative response to light on some of the fuse positive>
please help i have the ECM or PCM Reprogrammed last two month cost me 160 USD i hope not related to that i guess battery going to die soon but i don't think that ll be matter