Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

help please won't turn over

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2016, 4:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please won't turn over

Had my rear fuel lines fixed by a mechanic drove 14 miles and my tahoe sputtered and died now it won't turn over and the starter just goes bang, oil pressure was fine and the temp was never above normal, I towed it back to the shop and they tried to say they think it seized. Please help with any input. Second opinion by another mechanic based on my description says there is no way it seized.
Old July 13th, 2016, 7:31 PM
CF Veteran

make sure you can turn it over by hand and that the battery is charged and has good connections...may just be a cranking issue but I don't rule anything out without evidence.
Old July 14th, 2016, 12:37 PM
CF Beginner

Like cleveland said, definitely check the battery voltage before ruling it out.
Old July 14th, 2016, 8:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default update

Well second mechanic had now assessed my vehicle and it is not seized. number three cylinder was full of gas so it was hydrolocked. He that'd the pressure and said it wad priming at about 100 psi which is what files the cylinder. He is now checking the work they did on the fuel lines in the back to see if they pinched the return or something but all in all good news is that the engine is not siezed.
Old July 15th, 2016, 7:49 AM
CF Veteran

only the one cylinder had gas in it? and 100psi? sounds interesting.....keep us updated
Old July 18th, 2016, 4:06 PM
CF Beginner

So the mechanic found that the shop had pinched the fuel return line which caused the pressure to rise over 100 psi which in turn blew the poppet valve on my spider injected he explained this to the previous shop with some evidence and they promptly fixed the problem at no cost.